U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,054,877 times

Advertisements

I thought shots were fired at South Park (at people) at least twice in the last 5 years.

One victim was a woman, can't remember the other

Old 02-13-2012, 03:31 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
My whole point for posting on this and pointing out it that it isn't a trend is the same reason as the sentence you wrote that I highlighted...
Yes, I think we both feel it would be a real shame for folks to stop patronizing NL mall.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,963,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
First you said this:

To which Felt responded by asking:

Which is when you started talking more about perception and when I said you didn't really answer the question. But as far as I know, it WAS an isolated incident. Yes, even though the suspect and victim probably knew each other, there is always the risk of bystanders getting hurt as well. But bystanders going to the bank where the armored car guard was shot (and yes I know it wasn't actually in the mall) have the same risk. Honestly, that crime is a little scarier to me, since it takes a lot more cajones to shoot an armored car guard than it does to shoot someone who's been arrested 20 times.
You must be in excellent physical shape to stretch this far.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:10 AM

159 posts, read 116,957 times
I know this is an old thread, but is Northlake Mall area still going bad? I never go up that way to go in that mall. I know for awhile there it was getting pretty ghetto.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:11 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,394,594 times
"going bad" and "ghetto" ...

What do you mean? If crime is greater at Northlake Mall than Southpark, but on an improving trend, is it still "going bad"? Can you be more specific in your question? I'm sure some negative folks on this thread will tell you it's the worst place on earth, but I'm not sure they will be telling you the truth unless you ask a more specific question.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
"going bad" and "ghetto" ...

What do you mean? If crime is greater at Northlake Mall than Southpark, but on an improving trend, is it still "going bad"? Can you be more specific in your question? I'm sure some negative folks on this thread will tell you it's the worst place on earth, but I'm not sure they will be telling you the truth unless you ask a more specific question.
I didn't ask about South Park Mall. I go to neither mall because I am not a mall type person. I was asking about the Northlake Mall area. I know they were at one time trying to clean it up as it starting to go down hill, according to the news at the time.
We all know you are pro Charlotte area on every issue so if someone has an opinion that it has not gotten better than I will read their post as I would anyone's post and not try to tell them they should not post their opions because they do not match mine.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:16 AM

3,467 posts, read 3,151,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahh Life View Post
I know this is an old thread, but is Northlake Mall area still going bad? I never go up that way to go in that mall. I know for awhile there it was getting pretty ghetto.
No, get out and live a little....shed the keyboard for a couple of weeks.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:18 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,394,594 times
Your question is difficult to answer because you aren't specific. What does "going ghetto" or "going bad" mean? How do you define it?

You're correct that I'm an optimist, but if crime is worse in the Northlake mall area I wouldn't deny it if it's factually true. I just don't know what you're asking. There's a lot of noise on this thread from similar posts that aren't specific. I think you can check crime data by zip code. If that's what you're after. I'm not sure.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
No, get out and live a little....shed the keyboard for a couple of weeks.
I didn't say I don't leave, I said I don't get up that direction. That was a rude comment.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Your question is difficult to answer because you aren't specific. What does "going ghetto" or "going bad" mean? How do you define it?

You're correct that I'm an optimist, but if crime is worse in the Northlake mall area I wouldn't deny it if it's factually true. I just don't know what you're asking. There's a lot of noise on this thread from similar posts that aren't specific. I think you can check crime data by zip code. If that's what you're after. I'm not sure.
It was a simple curiosity question. If you don't know the answer it is OK to not comment or say "I'm not sure I don't live up that way"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or