Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 08:55 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times

Advertisements

You still haven't asked a clear question! I can tell you about crime in the Northlake zip code area. Are you asking about crime? What does "going bad" mean?

Have you read this thread? It's full of racist crap. Some of it is about keeping valuables out of your car, some of it is about sexual assault. It covers a ton of topics.

Are you asking if young black people hang out at the mall at Northlake? What does "ghetto" mean? Are you asking if poor people can be found there? I don't understand what you are asking.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:37 AM

436 posts, read 445,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahh Life View Post
I know this is an old thread, but is Northlake Mall area still going bad? I never go up that way to go in that mall. I know for awhile there it was getting pretty ghetto.
Sorry if I am not politically correct, but two months ago, I was in the food court at Northlake standing i line at Showmar's (not sure of the spelling). I was second in line and it wasn't that busy when a group of five black girls (dressed hoody) cut in on me when there was only one person ahead and nobody behind. I asked them what they were doing and one said, "we were here earlier and had to leave." How stupid was that? I then said BS, get behind me. One of the girls told the other to calm down and they decided to not cut in. They got behind and started talking about kicking my ass and used some racist terms. At that point, I was too emotional to eat so I left and looked for my wife. So, in summary, it appears to be really bad since this was during the day and in the food court that wasn't extremely busy. It is random stuff. At night, I suggest parking near street lights and near the entrances. Generally, I feel pretty safe there during the daytime. But obviously, gangs come in from other parts of the area. Don't worry, most of us aren't offended by the term "ghetto." It is pretty generic. And, you don't have to be specific with questions. Most of us get it.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:52 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
Sorry if I am not politically correct, but two months ago, I was in the food court at Northlake standing i line at Showmar's (not sure of the spelling). I was second in line and it wasn't that busy when a group of five black girls (dressed hoody) cut in on me when there was only one person ahead and nobody behind. I asked them what they were doing and one said, "we were here earlier and had to leave." How stupid was that? I then said BS, get behind me. One of the girls told the other to calm down and they decided to not cut in. They got behind and started talking about kicking my ass and used some racist terms. At that point, I was too emotional to eat so I left and looked for my wife. So, in summary, it appears to be really bad since this was during the day and in the food court that wasn't extremely busy. It is random stuff. At night, I suggest parking near street lights and near the entrances. Generally, I feel pretty safe there during the daytime. But obviously, gangs come in from other parts of the area. Don't worry, most of us aren't offended by the term "ghetto." It is pretty generic. And, you don't have to be specific with questions. Most of us get it.
You got that right...this sounds like a bunch of BS. Lol, too emotional because a bunch of "hoody" girls talk about whipping your @ss...what a wimp.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:00 AM

306 posts, read 517,439 times
Quote:

They probably would have whipped your ass.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:

HAHA!

Great reassurance, Richard. This is exactly the type of story I think the thread revitalizer was hoping for. (though I'm still not sure since they haven't asked a clear question).

Can you help me understand since you "get it"? What is going "ghetto"? What is "going bad"? Was the OP asking if a group of black girls cuts people in line often at Showmars? Gangs? Streetlights?

Old 09-30-2015, 06:52 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,463,022 times
Go to CMPD's Crime Mapping site and you can look at the # of crimes in that area over whatever period of time you'd like to compare (although I think it only goes back 5 months or so). Should give you a clearer picture of facts vs. conjecture you're more likely to receive for asking.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:20 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times
Several years later and Big A is still calling people out in this thread. Impressive. What is your attachment to Northlake Mall, Big Aristotle?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:34 AM

Wolf Howl just gave some really good advice. I've got no idea or bias on whether crime is worse or better if that's what your asking but the answer is only a few clicks away. Otherwise you'll be stuck making huge generalizations based on a Showmars line experience.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:20 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Several years later and Big A is still calling people out in this thread. Impressive. What is your attachment to Northlake Mall, Big Aristotle?
None, just the silly stereotyping, lies, misinformation and fear of the big bad Black guy....well, girls in this case. Been there plenty of times, no problems and seen plenty of all kinds of people there, no problem.

So...what's your problem with the mall? Not lily enough...

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 10-02-2015 at 09:38 AM..

Old 10-02-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
None, just the silly stereotyping, lies, misinformation and fear of the big bad Black guy....well, girls in this case. Been there plenty of times, no problems and seen plenty of all kinds of people there, no problem.

So...what's your problem with the mall? No lily enough...

Haha -

Yeah somebody wrote to me that I am insecure about crime in Charlotte based on my posting. The reality is that I hate bigotry and misinformation and am trying to keep up with calling out all the lies and crap posted on there. It's tough to keep up with on this forum! Why so many bigots on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte