Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 06:42 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,507,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Shooter identified as a one Daquan Westbrook who had been previously arrested for shooting a 12 year old.

Off-duty cop shoots, kill gunman in Northlake Mall in Charlotte, North Carolina, sends people into panic during last-minute Christmas Eve shopping
I wonder if the 12 year old he shot was a minority(black)?

By the way I feel uncomfortable around"thugs" too! It's not racist!

Also how can people defend this person? Saying he was a good man. An expectant father. Good people don't go the mall and pull a gun on a police officer! Good people don't have a gun at 18 years old!

Old 12-25-2015, 07:19 PM

37,812 posts, read 41,589,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
I wonder if the 12 year old he shot was a minority(black)?
Why? Does it matter? A 12 year old is a child, no matter his/her race.

Quote:
By the way I feel uncomfortable around"thugs" too! It's not racist!
So how would you know someone is a "thug" before they engaged in unlawful activity of some sort? After all, isn't a "thug" defined by behavior first and foremost?

Rhetorical question of course.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:43 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,507,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Why? Does it matter? A 12 year old is a child, no matter his/her race.

So how would you know someone is a "thug" before they engaged in unlawful activity of some sort? After all, isn't a "thug" defined by behavior first and foremost?

Rhetorical question of course.
It doesn't really matter who he shot,or what race they are. The point is he shot a 12 year old human being! My point of bringing race into it should've been self explanatory.

You know as well as I do what a thug is. This person was a thug. Although I feel for his mother. I don't really feel bad for him. Frankly the world is better off! There is no need for this kind of behavior,period! For the people who get offended at me calling this person a thug. Would you feel the same way if he shot your 12 year old child? Let's go with no!

Old 12-25-2015, 09:25 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,573,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
Makes you think this person feels uncomfortable being around large groups of minorities! Profanity, Really?
Anybody that uses profanity as normal talk loudly in a public place has issues. That's not normal. Be it black white red or orange. I swear like a sailor, but when in public I have enough sense not to engage in that behavior

Old 12-25-2015, 10:03 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,438,715 times
Glad the officer's aim was true.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:49 AM

138 posts, read 163,503 times
I hope "daquan" or whatever the hell his name was is enjoying his dirt nap. Thug piece of garbage, too bad the cop didn't drop the rest of his posse as well.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:41 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,573,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoran81 View Post
I hope "daquan" or whatever the hell his name was is enjoying his dirt nap. Thug piece of garbage, too bad the cop didn't drop the rest of his posse as well.
I tend not to side much with LEO's. Too many videos of unarmed people being gunned down. This one is cut an dry through. THE POS got what he deserved. I'm very ticked off at the puff piece the observer put out, about how he was trying to get his life in order. This POS shot a 12 old, with a gun that was illegal(minors legally can't carry) he should have gotten 10 years min. The justice system really failed again, and in this case it ended up costing the perp. Had he gotten a harsh sentence he would have been in Jail. I really would like to know the details of that case.

Anyway It's pretty open and shut case. Through an old job I met a lot of Char meck off duty police officers working side gigs and almost all are seasoned vets.(seems like the off duty gigs are pretty sweet since the pay time and a half) Hopefully the officer will be back to work soon. I hope they rounded up the others.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:44 AM

37,812 posts, read 41,589,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
It doesn't really matter who he shot,or what race they are. The point is he shot a 12 year old human being! My point of bringing race into it should've been self explanatory.
How is it "self-explanatory"? I don't see why it matters.

Quote:
You know as well as I do what a thug is. This person was a thug. Although I feel for his mother. I don't really feel bad for him. Frankly the world is better off! There is no need for this kind of behavior,period! For the people who get offended at me calling this person a thug. Would you feel the same way if he shot your 12 year old child? Let's go with no!
Yeah, you apparently missed the point as nobody was justifying his behavior--not even close.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:28 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,269,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I tend not to side much with LEO's. Too many videos of unarmed people being gunned down. This one is cut an dry through. THE POS got what he deserved. I'm very ticked off at the puff piece the observer put out, about how he was trying to get his life in order. This POS shot a 12 old, with a gun that was illegal(minors legally can't carry) he should have gotten 10 years min. The justice system really failed again, and in this case it ended up costing the perp. Had he gotten a harsh sentence he would have been in Jail. I really would like to know the details of that case.

Anyway It's pretty open and shut case. Through an old job I met a lot of Char meck off duty police officers working side gigs and almost all are seasoned vets.(seems like the off duty gigs are pretty sweet since the pay time and a half) Hopefully the officer will be back to work soon. I hope they rounded up the others.
So was the cop working security or something? I guess when I think "off-duty" I was assuming he was just there shopping or something, but most of the articles say he was "working off-duty." If he was not in uniform, I think the only question would be if Westbrook knew he was a cop. Either way, if you point a gun at someone, don't be surprised if you get shot yourself.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:09 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,438,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So was the cop working security or something? I guess when I think "off-duty" I was assuming he was just there shopping or something, but most of the articles say he was "working off-duty." If he was not in uniform, I think the only question would be if Westbrook knew he was a cop. Either way, if you point a gun at someone, don't be surprised if you get shot yourself.
He was working as security from what I've read. Not sure it matters either way though in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte