Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 10:17 AM

436 posts, read 445,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon
Mutiny 77, any question asked is justified.

No, a question isn't justified simply because it is asked. That's horrible logic.

You have a way of twisting things around. I simply eluded to the fact that the question was justified as it was not racist, insulting, or offensive. He wanted to know the color of the kid shot. Do we need to go through you first from now own to have our questions approved? I did not say that you said that the question was any of the aforementioned. Maybe you think it was irrelevant. I don't. If it were a black child shot by a white thug, I suppose that you wouldn't even think about race. Yea, right! You ask, "And what if the child wasn't?" The fact is, he was.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:16 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
You have a way of twisting things around. I simply eluded to the fact that the question was justified as it was not racist, insulting, or offensive.
But it's IRRELEVANT and that's why it's not justified. Again, horrible logic and very limiting criteria.

Quote:
He wanted to know the color of the kid shot. Do we need to go through you first from now own to have our questions approved? I did not say that you said that the question was any of the aforementioned. Maybe you think it was irrelevant. I don't. If it were a black child shot by a white thug, I suppose that you wouldn't even think about race. Yea, right! You ask, "And what if the child wasn't?" The fact is, he was.
I'm not here to "approve" questions but again, what is the relevance? A child was the victim and his/her life doesn't matter any more or any less due to race, but apparently you think it does. If there's any implicitly racist thinking here, it's coming from you. The guy who was killed wasn't any more or less of a criminal due to the race of the kid he shot and it's simply asinine that you'd seemingly think so or think it was relevant with respect to his criminality. It's pretty disgusting actually, especially in light Tamir Rice's death which clearly shows us the worth society assigns to the lives of children of color. Had Westbrook shot a White kid in the leg, you better believe he wouldn't even be free to wreak the havoc he did at the mall last week.

And you should really learn to use the quote function.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 12-31-2015 at 11:25 AM..

Old 12-31-2015, 03:02 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,868 times
Quote:
atowwn, your question about race was justified. I suppose that those that criticized your posting aren't aware of the race riots that have plagued the country. I am sure that a black person would ask that question before anything else. People need to stop being so sensitive. The guy was a true douche bag. I don't care if the cop was on duty, off-duty or what. He did a service to the community. The thug had a written hit list of five victims. Four were crossed off and the remaining name was CMPD. I can't imagine the moron being out on the streets or in the mall in the first place. He should have been serving life. I don't care that he was black. Anyone regardless of color like him deserves whatever comes around.
The reason I mentioned race is simple. People who are so quick to bring up the race of the officer. Are silent when it's a black on black crime. Example when this POS shot a 12 year old child! Where was the racial outrage then. There are times a police shooting is racist in nature. This isn't one of those times!!!!

By the way,as my grandmother would put it. I'm as black as the night is long. I just don't put everything on the evil "white man"!

Old 12-31-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
The reason I mentioned race is simple. People who are so quick to bring up the race of the officer. Are silent when it's a black on black crime. Example when this POS shot a 12 year old child! Where was the racial outrage then. There are times a police shooting is racist in nature. This isn't one of those times!!!!

By the way,as my grandmother would put it. I'm as black as the night is long. I just don't put everything on the evil "white man"!
I get sick of this tired argument. First of all, NOBODY is claiming that the officer here was racist. If you start shooting in a crowded mall, there's a very good chance you're going to get shot yourself, either by law enforcement or a legally armed citizen. I feel for the guy's family, but I have no sympathy for the dude. Secondly, the phrase "black on black crime" is implicitly racist. In America, all crime is primarily intraracial because most crime is driven by two things: proximity and opportunity. And because social networks and neighborhoods tend to stratified by race, most crime consists of cases where both the perpetrator and the victim are of the same race--including for White people, but you don't hear anyone talking about "white on white crime." Thirdly, when it comes to "outrage," how do you know people weren't outraged when the kid got shot? There are lots of law-abiding citizens living in neighborhoods plagued with crime who work tirelessly to improve their neighborhoods in various ways, so to say that people don't care or aren't outraged misses the mark in a BIG way. And fourthly, outrage SHOULD be different in cases when the police unjustifiably kill people (and again, this is NOT one of those instances) because law enforcement is sworn to uphold the law and protect and serve the public. They are public servants and are held to a different standard--not to mention the fact that cops who abuse their authority are protected by the system, whereas we know that in most cases, justice comes swiftly for citizens who murder other citizens, especially if they are minorities or poor.

So yeah, your question was irrelevant. No kid deserves to get shot, regardless if it's by someone in the neighborhood or a citizen. His/her race doesn't matter.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:53 PM

O.K. Mutiny77, somebody is probably a NAZI or KKK member for asking what color the kid was. Now, get over it. The world goes on.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:05 AM

Unfortunately, it seems as if the thugs are expanding in the area. Two were shot in a shoot-out between two cars on Harris and Statesville Road, less than a mile from the mall. It is so sad that nice areas are brought down and ruined by despicable people.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
O.K. Mutiny77, somebody is probably a NAZI or KKK member for asking what color the kid was. Now, get over it. The world goes on.
Stop being so dramatic; I merely said the question was irrelevant and I never considered or called anyone an all-out racist for asking such.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:43 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Stop being so dramatic; I merely said the question was irrelevant and I never considered or called anyone an all-out racist for asking such.
I think the mindset is irreversible at this point, that is the fear. Any larger than normal concentration of black folk creates a remarkable amount of stress for a lot of people, especially those people unaccustomed to these types of environments and will do anything to portray such a gathering as thug-ghetto setting. Even if that environment is free of incident and said "thugs" are dressed in khakis and golf shirts.

They've come to believe that random shootings in malls, movie theatres, etc. are more acceptable than frequenting a mall with high concentration of black folks. This false sense of security and warped reality is their form of a mental gated community or state of mind. They've come to believe that the word "thug" is applicable to one of set of people and crimes committed by those of similar ilk is due to a temporary mental lapse or poor judgment. So, it doesn't really exist, a figment of one's imagination or surely a medical condition that can be remedied through a series of treatments. So, the legal system bends over backwards and minimizes applicable punishment to keep the jail cells fresh for what a real criminal and "thug" looks like.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 01-02-2016 at 07:52 PM..

Old 01-03-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I think the mindset is irreversible at this point, that is the fear. Any larger than normal concentration of black folk creates a remarkable amount of stress for a lot of people, especially those people unaccustomed to these types of environments and will do anything to portray such a gathering as thug-ghetto setting. Even if that environment is free of incident and said "thugs" are dressed in khakis and golf shirts.

They've come to believe that random shootings in malls, movie theatres, etc. are more acceptable than frequenting a mall with high concentration of black folks. This false sense of security and warped reality is their form of a mental gated community or state of mind. They've come to believe that the word "thug" is applicable to one of set of people and crimes committed by those of similar ilk is due to a temporary mental lapse or poor judgment. So, it doesn't really exist, a figment of one's imagination or surely a medical condition that can be remedied through a series of treatments. So, the legal system bends over backwards and minimizes applicable punishment to keep the jail cells fresh for what a real criminal and "thug" looks like.
What a joke!

Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Quote:
What a joke!
This is the expected response especially when the truth smacks people in the face. White people don't see white crime as a crime but a symptom or condition that is fixable. They don't seem to know any "criminals" but undoubtedly know what one looks like, especially those images shown on the nightly news.

North Lake Mall or any place with a high concentration of black folks scares the hell out of 'em, even if the Mall was full of black middle to higher income patrons. The first reaction is to call it "ghetto" or full of "thugs" to justify why they no longer shop there or patron the mall. Any incident that occurs reinforces that mindset and call for a change.

The joke of the matter is being afraid of people who aren't going to harm you. It would require a mental paradigm shift that most people can't handle, so they instead stick with the preferred reality of choice and labeling "those" people as the thugs and criminals is so much more acceptable and easier to mentally manage. Yet, stats tell you that white people are much more of a danger to white people and black people are much more of a danger to black people.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 01-03-2016 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte