U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,226 times

Advertisements

I have been contemplating starting a services business that would provide assistance to the busy households in the northern charlotte & Lake area. The services could address the needs of elderly parents, children, small businesses, dual professionals, etc. The services could vary from doing custom research such as senior care options, to family office - bill paying, to helping their teens keep on track with college applications. Just examples.

Has anyone found themselves wishing their was a particuliar service available in the area - that would make their lives easier?

Thanks

Old 08-23-2007, 11:17 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,427,949 times
Not really, but an errand running service would probably do very well. Dry cleaning, personal shopper, taking pets to the vet, taking the car for oil changes or service, etc.

I doubt people would want a stranger paying their bills and filling out their kids' college applications.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,890,324 times
Clean my house. Grocery shop. Go to the Post Office. Pickup and drop off Dry Cleaning/Tailoring. Basic errands.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:52 PM

28 posts, read 125,782 times
yeah, i like the running errands idea

Old 08-23-2007, 07:02 PM

146 posts, read 411,909 times
I used to be a director at a "big 4" and we used to have a service where you would basically have a personal assistant for a few hrs a week. They would wait for the cable man for you (for that 3 hr window), run to the grocery store, wait for your car to be serviced etc. With all of the large companies in the area I am sure that you would easily find people interested in these types of services. I know as a former working mom who traveled, I always felt having access to these types of services was extremely helpful!!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:10 PM

19 posts, read 80,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpme View Post
I have been contemplating starting a services business that would provide assistance to the busy households in the northern charlotte & Lake area. The services could address the needs of elderly parents, children, small businesses, dual professionals, etc. The services could vary from doing custom research such as senior care options, to family office - bill paying, to helping their teens keep on track with college applications. Just examples.

Has anyone found themselves wishing their was a particuliar service available in the area - that would make their lives easier?

Thanks
Yes it is a great idea but make sure you look in the yellow pages. You will see there are several personal assistant type services out there that will run errands, etc even take the kids or grandma to appts. Where this is really needed is in southwest Florida. I can't even find grocery stores that do "fax and pull" let alone deliver. And a delivery service that would deliver prescriptions and take away (carry out). Seniors could spend more years at home instead of in assisted living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or