U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:12 AM

73 posts, read 399,472 times

Advertisements

OK here is the story. I thought I had a home picked out in a development called Bridgehampton on the SC side. Wonderful home but to me a bit over priced and the realtor said the owner is not interested in negotiating despite the home being on the market for at least 8 months. Its empty but the Kitchen is kind of gaudy which is somthing I like but most would not. The lot is not huge, and the home is not all Brick. I would have paid around $480,00 or so and they are asking a bit more.

My question is could any of you wonderful people on this board give me some similar neighborhoods to Bridgehampton. Although it is nice, My wife would not like Bridgemill because it is too rural on the road leading there and coming from PA. she wants to be near malls, etc.

I also now need to find homes in the $375-450,000 range. I would love a community with an active association with nice clubhouse, tennis courts, great adult activities, homes 3000 sf and larger, and well kept lawns, etc. I would also like to be outside of the high tax areas if possible.

I know I am asking for alot, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 AM

240 posts, read 926,863 times
Do you need to be in the S. Charlotte/Union County area, or are you willing to go elsewhere? If you're willing to look up north of the city, I'd suggest checking out Highland Creek. It's a huge community, but you can defintiely find a home that you're looking for in the $375-$450k range. If you look on the Cabarrus side of the community (the Mecklenburg/Cabarrus county line runs throughthe community), you'll get a slightly better tax deal as well as schools that are rated very well. There's new construction going on in your price range (St. Lawrence, Shea, and Dr. Horton are all building in your price range), and you should be able to find a large number of resales as well. It's not as "upscale" of a community at Bridgehampton since the community is huge and has smaller neighborhood sections in all different price ranges. But you'll get a ton of amenities in there (forget if they have tennis, but there's golf on site, multiple pools, basketball courts, playgrounds, etc), and you'll aslo be in a location that your wife would probably like (about 5-8 minutes from Concord Mills mall, about 15-20 minutes from Northlake Mall, and about 15 minutes from numerous shopping centers in the University Area).

You could also look at Skybrook, which is right across the street from Highland Creek. That's more similar to Bridgehampton with all the houses being in a higher price range, but you might have a tougher time finding a house in your price range there ($450k could work, but not sure how much less you'd be able to spend in there). They have a nice amenity area too, and the community is also on a golf course. Again, I think that Skybrook is partially in Mecklenburg and partially in Cabarrus, so try to find something in Cabarrus if taxes are a concern for you.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:01 AM

628 posts, read 1,854,704 times
Bridgemill is on 521 which is one of the fastest developing tracts in the area. There is a shopping center going up a few miles south and everywhere around Bridgemill property is being bought up by developers. A little north is Ardrey Kell and Blakeny is up there (about 10 mins away). Thats a John Weiland community and that location though it may seem rural now, it will not be for long.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 AM

513 posts, read 1,912,502 times
Brookhaven is another John Wieland community (like Bridgehampton) in Union county (Matthews/Indian Trail). Taxes are lower in Union Cty, and you are still close to everything. Houses range from high 300's to 900's. Go to jwhomes.com and you can look it up.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:49 AM

73 posts, read 399,472 times
Thanks so much for your assistance. I love Bridgehampton but the seller is far from flexable according to my agent.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:23 AM

11 posts, read 39,214 times
Default There are other homes for sale on the SC side of B'hampton

Have you considered looking at other homes on the SC side of Bridgehampton? Just checked one of the local Real Estate websites, and they're listing around 20 homes on the SC side (some of which could be under contract.)

Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,545,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln S View Post
OK here is the story. I thought I had a home picked out in a development called Bridgehampton on the SC side. Wonderful home but to me a bit over priced and the realtor said the owner is not interested in negotiating despite the home being on the market for at least 8 months. Its empty but the Kitchen is kind of gaudy which is somthing I like but most would not. The lot is not huge, and the home is not all Brick. I would have paid around $480,00 or so and they are asking a bit more.

My question is could any of you wonderful people on this board give me some similar neighborhoods to Bridgehampton. Although it is nice, My wife would not like Bridgemill because it is too rural on the road leading there and coming from PA. she wants to be near malls, etc.

I also now need to find homes in the $375-450,000 range. I would love a community with an active association with nice clubhouse, tennis courts, great adult activities, homes 3000 sf and larger, and well kept lawns, etc. I would also like to be outside of the high tax areas if possible.

I know I am asking for alot, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
If you really love the house, I would ask your realtor to write the offer. By law, the listing agent has to present it to the seller. You never know...Ask your realtor to find out what the sellers paid for the house as well.

As far as other communities, yes Brookhaven is nice, but the homes under $500K are very different from those in Bridgehampton. Have you considered Hunter Oaks or Somerset? IMO the clubhouses don't compare to Bridgehampton's, but they do have the other amenities. Best of luck

Old 08-24-2007, 03:26 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,220,197 times
Agree with the above.

Once it's in writing the chances are they will take it MUCH more seriously. As stated before, by law the listing agent must present that offer. Right now all you have is verbal talk and nobody knows your serious except for you. Put up a good amount of earnest money, keep your time lines as tight as possible, try and do a quick closing and so on. Anything you can do to make the offer better. The highest price offer is not always the best.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:50 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,055,980 times
Not sure what your time frame is, but John Wieland is developing a large tract of land in Pineville where the old Crystal Creek golf course used to be. It should be on their website which should list their schedule. They have remodeled an old home on the main street in pineville to use as thier design center.

Might be a little longer out than you're willing to go, but it's an idea!!

Good Luck!

Old 08-24-2007, 04:46 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,220,197 times
They have just started marking each lot. The design center is not open yet but there is info available about the community.

Everything I have heard says "mixed use" with Dilworth style Craftsman homes and tree lined streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte