Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2007, 02:48 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times

Advertisements

As long each point/counterpoint is given within sarcasm, then this thread will remain useful. If it becomes a contest of who is telling the truth then it ceases to be helpful- which is unfortunate as a lot of helpful/enlightening info has been shared by all participants.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:34 AM

22 posts, read 104,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Ireland917,
The issue is not and has never been who lives in your home. The issue that made me respond was the fact that no one can make a positive comment on here without being accused of being employeed by McCar Homes. The fact still remains that they are intitled to their opinion as are you, and that their opinion does not in anyway discredit your issues and concerns.

I will say this to you and anyone else out there who cares to read on. That we all have our own issues. This thread is meant to inform people of the issues out there with this builder. The good and the bad. If anyone believes that there opinion is the only correct opinion then they need to SHUT UP. I believe that is how you put it.

So in closing, I wish you did not have the problems with your home or the lazy ignorant people who came to service it, but that does not discredit any positive experiences that others may have had. I do sincerely hope that all of your issues are resolved in a fast and curteous way.

Blabbermouth
My intentions are not to insult the other people on this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I guess my anger went further then I wanted it to go. Every time I read how Mr. McCrae has helped someone help out it just makes my blood boil, I wonder why after all this time has he just shown up. Well maybe because of the bad publicity on this site from us. I know that I have suffered for almost two years with horrible customer service, poor management to say the least, but I have come to the point where I have to stop and move on. Mc Car Home will never make up for what I have experienced. I wish I had only nail pops, floor creaks and cracks, but no I have bowed studs, framing issues, leaks, etc. that were fixed ?? It is pretty bad when the workers tell you that things are just slapped together to get it done so they can move on to the next house. If they did it right the first time maybe they wouldn't have to come back so many times. See here I go again, forget McCar is not worth it...

Old 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM

140 posts, read 590,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland917 View Post
My intentions are not to insult the other people on this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I guess my anger went further then I wanted it to go. Every time I read how Mr. McCrae has helped someone help out it just makes my blood boil, I wonder why after all this time has he just shown up. Well maybe because of the bad publicity on this site from us. I know that I have suffered for almost two years with horrible customer service, poor management to say the least, but I have come to the point where I have to stop and move on. Mc Car Home will never make up for what I have experienced. I wish I had only nail pops, floor creaks and cracks, but no I have bowed studs, framing issues, leaks, etc. that were fixed ?? It is pretty bad when the workers tell you that things are just slapped together to get it done so they can move on to the next house. If they did it right the first time maybe they wouldn't have to come back so many times. See here I go again, forget McCar is not worth it...
This is eactly my point from a much earlier post I had made. I praised Mr. McReae for coming on here and wanting to help indivudual homeowners, but he rejected my criticism when I challenged the integrity of McCarr in general. I challenged that it would be so much easier to just change the attitude and workmanship of the McCarr employees then try and bandaid the loudest complainers. This is a managerial problem that is filtering down to the workers. When upper management decides to fix inherent problems in the building process and the afterclosing issues, then the workers will respond accordingly.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:34 PM

8 posts, read 24,881 times
Default New Development NEWBUILDER

I notice Briarcrest is opening a new development in Union County and the builder is RYAN.......Is there a reason for this.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:22 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
Can I clarify what you mean Mr3000? Do you mean Ryan builders are now building in Briarcrest in Waxhaw instead of McCar? Did McCar sell out of the development?

Old 03-04-2007, 09:52 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
From my last conversation with a Ryan onsite agent at another community, I was told that they are building in Briarcrest too, but I believe McCar is staying.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:12 PM

8 posts, read 24,881 times
McCar has not sold out the first briarcrest (enclave). I don't know if they are building houses in the other development or not. I rode pass there TODAY and Ryan has a sign up. I turned into the new developement and sure enough I seen a Ryan trailor. Does this mean McCar has sold-out? I don't know. From this forum and all these so-call I love Rob Mcrae fans, ROB MCRAE monitor and reply to this site so let's ask him. Rob, what's going on? How come the people in Briarcrest (enclave) offered the same or similar housing plans. I wanted 3 sided brick, heck I even wanted a driveway to park to park mor than two cars without having one on the sidewalk. I was told the builder doesn't offer these things.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 6,392 times
Exclamation Follow Up Report!

Hello everyone!

Well, seems as though I ruffled a few feathers but I got a good result out of it but I am still not as pleased as I could be. Bob Woodard - Area Manager for McCar under Rob McCrae, came out to my house with Mike B and went over the issues I was having. The windows are what they are - your average builder grade window. I will be replacing them as soon as I can with more energy efficient ones but for now I just have to deal with them. The floors creaking they are going to come out and fix BUT here's a hint, do wht I did, and listen to this!!! If you buy a house, go out to it everynight and drill screws in everywhere there is a nail... The only floor that creaks is my upstairs bathroom and closet (off the master bedroom). If I would've had the chance to do those floors as well my floors would be as tight as a new inmate in central prison... take the advice and do it! Nails dont hold and with all the nail pops that should be obvious. I do applaud Bob for coming out and trying to make things right but there communication system is broke. I have called them and called them and called them... and never get a return phone call. The only I way got anywhere is when I posted a comment on her riping them a new one and forwarded it to Rob McCrae. No matter the issue with me was I felt like I was getting ignored. I am not the only one in this boat either... I have spoken to my neighbors and ALL of them have said the same thing - they never get a call returned. Here's a concern for me, THEY DONT USE Tyvek to wrap a house before the siding goes up. In NC that isn't a manditory building code... I'm like WHY NOT???? It helps the house be less drafty and protects the wood beneath the siding... Unless you get brick, you wont get Tyvek - which is STUPID! The streetlights went up finally and that was long overdue, but it makes a difference. We still have people in the Robbins Brook community that need to learn how to drive slow and park there cars in the driveway and not on the street. My whole issue with McCarr is this: Take your time and build the thing RIGHT!!!! The market is in a slump right now and there is no need to hurry to slap a house together so the bottom line looks better. My neighbor down the street is proof of it... Met him yesterday and he shares the same grief I do. We all just want what we paid for - a quality product that was made right!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM

93 posts, read 393,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerminator View Post
Hello everyone!

Well, seems as though I ruffled a few feathers but I got a good result out of it but I am still not as pleased as I could be. Bob Woodard - Area Manager for McCar under Rob McCrae, came out to my house with Mike B and went over the issues I was having. The windows are what they are - your average builder grade window. I will be replacing them as soon as I can with more energy efficient ones but for now I just have to deal with them. The floors creaking they are going to come out and fix BUT here's a hint, do wht I did, and listen to this!!! If you buy a house, go out to it everynight and drill screws in everywhere there is a nail... The only floor that creaks is my upstairs bathroom and closet (off the master bedroom). If I would've had the chance to do those floors as well my floors would be as tight as a new inmate in central prison... take the advice and do it! Nails dont hold and with all the nail pops that should be obvious. I do applaud Bob for coming out and trying to make things right but there communication system is broke. I have called them and called them and called them... and never get a return phone call. The only I way got anywhere is when I posted a comment on her riping them a new one and forwarded it to Rob McCrae. No matter the issue with me was I felt like I was getting ignored. I am not the only one in this boat either... I have spoken to my neighbors and ALL of them have said the same thing - they never get a call returned. Here's a concern for me, THEY DONT USE Tyvek to wrap a house before the siding goes up. In NC that isn't a manditory building code... I'm like WHY NOT???? It helps the house be less drafty and protects the wood beneath the siding... Unless you get brick, you wont get Tyvek - which is STUPID! The streetlights went up finally and that was long overdue, but it makes a difference. We still have people in the Robbins Brook community that need to learn how to drive slow and park there cars in the driveway and not on the street. My whole issue with McCarr is this: Take your time and build the thing RIGHT!!!! The market is in a slump right now and there is no need to hurry to slap a house together so the bottom line looks better. My neighbor down the street is proof of it... Met him yesterday and he shares the same grief I do. We all just want what we paid for - a quality product that was made right!

My sentiments all along....But, just don't hold your breath. Takes time to revamp an entire builder, assuming they even care enough to do that. Funny how you should mention "drafts" in the walls. ALL of my electrical oulets (on the exterior of the home) have air blowing through them!!! (Laughing...although...it's really NOT funny.) Throwing my money out the door to heat this place (or cool in the summer). I learned my lesson, big time, when I bought my home. I won't make the same mistake again.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM

12 posts, read 33,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolnmsol View Post
My sentiments all along....But, just don't hold your breath. Takes time to revamp an entire builder, assuming they even care enough to do that. Funny how you should mention "drafts" in the walls. ALL of my electrical oulets (on the exterior of the home) have air blowing through them!!! (Laughing...although...it's really NOT funny.) Throwing my money out the door to heat this place (or cool in the summer). I learned my lesson, big time, when I bought my home. I won't make the same mistake again.
The issue with the outlets is a common one among all builders. All outlets on an exterior wall with have draft. You can pull off the trim plate and caulk the rough in box to the sheetrock. This will eliminate this problem. It is not code nor is it a standard building practice in the industry today. This should not reflect negatively on the builder, but is nice when they do it. Some areas have different programs that some builders are a part of to get a certain energy rating. Caulking the outlets is one of the requirements of these programs.

As far as the Tyvek goes or any other house wrap for that matter. It is a good idea. It helps weather proof the home as well. However, it is only that a good idea. The code does not require a wrap of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte