U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:10 PM

763 posts, read 198,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Quit crying....

and please explain why Asian's aren't considered minorities when it comes to these contracts.
Do you think I am the person that makes the rules? I'm not. But, I challenged this before when I was cheated out of a promotion by someone that had no experience and was not qualified. It was explained that Asians and whites are at an economic level that doesn't qualify them for preferential job hires in governmental jobs.

I am only discouraged that people don't see it as it is. Equal opportunity does not exist as long as privileges exist.

Equally as upsetting is the preference for union companies. We need to keep those rascals away. Wherever they are strong, local businesses shut down and outsourcing benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 PM

7,151 posts, read 3,557,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Do you think I am the person that makes the rules? I'm not. But, I challenged this before when I was cheated out of a promotion by someone that had no experience and was not qualified.
cheated out by an unqualified person with no experience? What job was this?

Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM

13,060 posts, read 12,937,993 times
Quote:
Do you think I am the person that makes the rules? I'm not. But, I challenged this before when I was cheated out of a promotion by someone that had no experience and was not qualified. It was explained that Asians and whites are at an economic level that doesn't qualify them for preferential job hires in governmental jobs.

I am only discouraged that people don't see it as it is. Equal opportunity does not exist as long as privileges exist.

Equally as upsetting is the preference for union companies. We need to keep those rascals away. Wherever they are strong, local businesses shut down and outsourcing benefits.
Unless you work in construction, what you were told only holds so much water to your topic.

Who is a minority can vary by region.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:48 PM

8,156 posts, read 12,955,159 times
Ah, nice to see you folks are catching up to the insanity, cronyism and progressive big government BS we have as default in the Northeast.

You folks took in a loooot of federal dollars in the last few years, you better listen to your masters.

I mean seriously, did anyone with half a brain REALLY think the party that is about organized labor, "social justice", government control, redistribution of wealth etc etc was going to let the free market rein? LOL

Furthermore the DNC is chaired by one of the biggest progressive leftists in the nation. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
cheated out by an unqualified person with no experience? What job was this?
1. Division head for contracts (post awards). I worked in the department and was a shoe in due to experience and outstanding performance reports. Instead, someone (I won't describe) was transferred into the promotion to fill a quota. It was a shock to my peers and other department heads that my experience and success wasn't the paramount concern.

2. Teaching positons. There were 500 qualified/certified teachers that were white waiting for jobs in my district. A black lady on the school board came up with the idea that it would be a good move to draft young, black teachers from another state and allow them to finish their certification education while teaching, jumping ahead of all "non-minority" teachers that were well experienced. In all cases, blacks with certifications jumped ahead of everyone else.

3. After receiving my teaching certification and having two master degrees, and a decorated veteran, I applied for a job teaching at a correctional institution. I was beaten out of the job by a black, Hispanic woman (not even an American citizen) that had not finished getting her certification and only worked passing out samples at Walmarts, Coscos, etc. When I asked an employee at the employment office (veterans division) how this could happen, he winked at me and said "quotas".

4. When applying for military commissioning programs as an enlisted man, I was unable to get into a program for two years as they were only open to minorities. When I asked if being a Jew counted, I was told that Jews and Asians are no longer considered as minorities because of they were too "well off" generally.

I could publish a book on these situations, but I won't. I will just sit back and remain discusted at how bias our American system is.

I hold no grudges agains minorities as it wasn't them that created the stupid rules that cause such situations. It is just that too many people accept the status quo that causes what has been called reverse descrimination.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM

7,151 posts, read 3,557,106 times
dude, not trying to be rude but your spelling is horrible. That could be one of the reason you were passed over.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:13 PM

3,117 posts, read 3,763,405 times
Quote:
dude, not trying to be rude but your spelling is horrible. That could be one of the reason you were passed over.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
You need to use a comma after the word "rude." And, it is funny that you criticize me when your last sentence states, "one of the reason" LOL! Do you know about using the letter "s" on a word that is meant to be plural.

Spell check will correct my spelling. I am used to having secretaries take care of my typos. However, you might want to take a refresher class in punctuation.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Yep, used a "e" instead of an "i" in discrimination, and I left the "t" off of the word against. Very astute of you noticing that someone else caught a typo.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:40 PM

13,060 posts, read 12,937,993 times
Quote:
Yep, used a "e" instead of an "i" in discrimination, and I left the "t" off of the word against. Very astute of you noticing that someone else caught a typo.
Ummmm. . .I think that they were referring to disgusted. Disgust - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte