Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:13 PM

203 posts, read 494,915 times

Advertisements

Keep your eyes on new fees and little things they're doing at Wells Fargo that they didn't do at Wachovia. Not favorable to the consumer. (What a shock)

And when you call, they sound like the boss from Office Space..."Ummm, yeaaaahhh, we're gonna have to charge you for that now. Yeaaaahhhh, we're not sure what they did at Wachovia because this is Wells Fargo."

Can't wait to switch to another bank...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 02:15 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,702,491 times
I have heard some horror stories of people being charged money for not having min. balances or not using direct deposit. Also the whole debit card fee disaster.

From what I can tell N.C. residents are immune to most of this stuff. Guess they don't want to *** where they eat.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,198 times
Thank Dick Durbin. They didn't charge those fees until government did something.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:03 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,492,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
I have heard some horror stories of people being charged money for not having min. balances or not using direct deposit. Also the whole debit card fee disaster......
I don't think the min balance thing is new....any time I've ever opened an account at any bank, they have always had 'tiers', or whatever u call them....and they were based on min balances. so, if u open a checking account, say with $100,000 in spare change, and the min balance is $100k, when u go under you'll be charged. as for direct deposit, I also think it's always been something like u avoid fees or get a better rate or something like that. as for debit card fees...yeah, that pretty much blows.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:05 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,198 times
Source where any bank requires you to have a minimum deposit of $100k to avoid fees, please.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:13 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,686,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Source where any bank requires you to have a minimum deposit of $100k to avoid fees, please.
that's called humor or hyperbole

hth

Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 PM

1,888 posts, read 2,251,616 times
I called today with a question about a service I needed. The woman said "Are you a Wachovia customer...er...a Wells Fargo customer?" I had been wondering if that would happen.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:26 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,492,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
eman1200bank.com. would you care to make a deposit? I'll even lower, slightly, the minimum deposit required.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:32 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,325,633 times
It used to happen to me EVERY year with Chase Bank in New Jersey. I would get my bonus in Jan or Feb and my banker would tell me I qualified for some kind of super premier banking and would upgrade me, then by November or December my combined balance would drop below the thresh-hold, which I believe was $25k and a charge would show up on my statement, I think it was something like $35!!! Right! Like I am going to pay $35/month fee for my bank accounts. So we would change it back to just sort of regular banking that required a minimum combined balance of $5k or $10k.. anyway, after 2 years of this happening I resisted all further attempts to upgrade me.

My point is, bank fees are nothing new, even tho they are getting all kinds of attention lately. Why do you think that is? In my opinion, it is the direct result of politicians trying to deflect the blame and put it back on the banks, so you have spectacles like Durbin on the floor of the Senate urging Bank of America customers to "get the heck out". WTF is he doing talking like that? And as you will see, it is not just BofA.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 AM

92 posts, read 210,892 times
Try switching to a smaller bank/credit union that doesn't have all these fees. My bank offers free withdrawals from any ATM in the world, no fees. There are good banks out there that actually respect customers instead of taking advantage of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte