Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:22 PM

24 posts, read 113,357 times

Advertisements

Dear friends,

I only have two years associates degree,but I have a very strong data entry skills and basic microsoft office skills too.

I would like to know, is it hard to get data entry position in one of Charlotte banks and what kind of pay rate I can have for that job?

Will I be able to pay my rent with that pay rate if I live by myself.

thank you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 01:32 PM

628 posts, read 2,078,482 times
Johnny to be quite honest with you, It may be very difficult to get by on an entry level data entry position. The banks really do not pay that well for entry level. You can start doing some resaerch on the major bank websites, careerbuilder and monster. I don't mean that to discourage you, the key is really your work experience and history. With a 2 year degree and a stable work history you should be able to find a positon to live on. Good luck with your search.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:35 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,638 times
You could get an entry level position, however, many are being off-shored right now. So what I would look at is taking the next step and getting into tech, operations, etc. A lot of entry bank people still start at call centers, but retail is another way to go. I wouldn't expect more than $1600 - $2000 a month though in a job like that. So it could get tight. The Banks do have many options for entry level and if you are persistant enough they will talk to you and give you a chance.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:33 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,298 times
I think these jobs would pay about $18k a year, I don't know if you can live on that little. Wachovia uses a company like first place for their temporary staffing. They also have openings called lockbox which is data entry keying for incoming payments which are sent to po boxes like time warner cable payments. I am not sure if these positions are wachovia, first place, or third party companies like remitco, but these are how data entry positions are staffed at these companies. It's good to get your foot into the door though. The benefits are good as far as paid time off and things like that.

I wish I had a contact name because I'd give it to you. The point is, get your foot in the door. ANother option is Retail Call Center jobs, usually these are hired in the masses 20 or so people at a time. It's great beacuase they are favorable and give people a chance.

Good luck. PM me if I can help you anymore.

You might need to do the roommate thing initally but you can do it. Many people move up and earn their place in the banks by starting out in entry level positions. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:54 PM

24 posts, read 113,357 times
Default thanx for your answers!

I really appreciate your answers, but I would like to thank exnygirl since she was able to provide me with a good piece of information.

Well, I do have strong data entry skills,but I do not have strong customer service skills over the phone since English is not my first language and I have kind of heavy accent. Anyway, I am people person and customer service oriented and I have a good people skills since I worked in Hospitality industry I had to. Now, I am getting older, and I dont want to picture myself behind some bar with bucnh of drunks when I am 40 or 50. I really enjoy to work and be around people,therefore, I see myself as a financial advisor or something similiar in the future.

thank you all !

Old 08-26-2007, 01:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,113 times
You could start taking courses to get a series 7 or something.
Or, you could go back into hospitality but in the sales end. Start at front desk or night audit and work up to sales.

The average data entry jobs in Charlotte pay $9-14/hour.
Check charlotte.com and use the job search feature to see what is available.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:32 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_superman View Post
I really appreciate your answers, but I would like to thank exnygirl since she was able to provide me with a good piece of information.

Well, I do have strong data entry skills,but I do not have strong customer service skills over the phone since English is not my first language and I have kind of heavy accent. Anyway, I am people person and customer service oriented and I have a good people skills since I worked in Hospitality industry I had to. Now, I am getting older, and I dont want to picture myself behind some bar with bucnh of drunks when I am 40 or 50. I really enjoy to work and be around people,therefore, I see myself as a financial advisor or something similiar in the future.

thank you all !

Check you PM's - By the way wachovia is very diverse. If you can work they will work you. You have every right to a job just like anyone else, good luck and check your PM's. XNY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte