Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:44 AM

65 posts, read 214,984 times

Advertisements

You should check out the university area,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:12 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseisthe1 View Post
I am a 30 something single, professional African American female who is considering moving to the Charlotte Metro Area and wanted some advice as to the best areas to live in. I currently live in suburban Maryland outside of Baltimore. I will be purchasing a home and prefer the suburbs and was told Huntersville, Concord, Matthews were good areas to live in but I want to make sure that I will meet other single African Americans, especially professional men and not have such a hectic commute to work in Charlotte or for socializing in Charlotte. I would appreciate any guidance that you can provide.
On another note, if you find you are interested in meeting with other, former Baltimoreans (regardless of race), feel free to look us up. We're leaving Severn for Charlotte this weekend.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:21 AM

11 posts, read 25,119 times
When people give you advice about best area to live in...live in for what? I have lived here over 22 years...what kind of n'hood do you want to live in? what do you want to have nearby? Charlotte is really spread out....I am in the South Charlotte area, but my sister is at the lake...email me if you want.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 PM

19 posts, read 61,877 times
Hi Everyone,

I have been a resident of Charlotte since June 21st (3 weeks). It feels like I have been here much longer than that. I think that says a lot about how I have been able to acclimate to the city. I absolutely love this city. I feel like I am finally home. I can't imaging living any where else right now in my life. Hope you all are doing fine and I will see you in December.

Teresa

Old 07-14-2008, 09:09 PM

19 posts, read 61,877 times
Thanks for the WELCOME Sunnykayak.

Teresa

Old 07-15-2008, 05:01 AM

486 posts, read 982,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa2you View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have been a resident of Charlotte since June 21st (3 weeks). It feels like I have been here much longer than that. I think that says a lot about how I have been able to acclimate to the city. I absolutely love this city. I feel like I am finally home. I can't imaging living any where else right now in my life. Hope you all are doing fine and I will see you in December.

Teresa

Thanks for that post! I am in the final stages of negotiating my offer to move to Charlotte. I am definitely coming but I am getting a little nervous about the move. When I came down for the interview, I fell love with the city and I know that is where I want to be. Now I just have to get there....

Old 07-15-2008, 01:51 PM

176 posts, read 566,172 times
Default Berewick

Greetings,

I finally made the decision and will be in CLT the first of August. I will check here to find out about get togethers.

I am excited about the upcoming move and looking forward to being out of Pittsburgh, at least for a while. My appointment is for a year.

Sandy

Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 PM

17 posts, read 54,431 times
Thanks for your offer for assistance. How are you enjoying Charlotte thus far and are you missing Severn? I am still searching for employment but hope to be down in Charlotte soon.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:41 PM

17 posts, read 54,431 times
It's been a while since I have been on this forum but I just wanted to touch base with all of you who have responded to my thread jsut to see how you are doing and how your relocation plans are working out for you. I have been aggressively seeking employment in the Charlotte area over the past 3 months and haven't come across the right position yet, so I am still looking but I hope to be relocating very soon.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:21 AM

92 posts, read 297,575 times
I'd just like to say that this is the very reason why i chose to come here to NC from the midwest. Everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, etc...is nice. There's a very warm, genuine, caring spirit that I've seen in so many here that I wouldn't see walking along the streets in Milwaukee.

Thanks North Carolina for the warm reception. Yeah, us outsiders are overcrowding your space, but I think that makes you loves us that much more!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte