Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:02 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,565 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of going to the RenFest tomorrow, but don't know if the budget can handle the assault. I know the entrance fee - but how much do you typically spend there? If we wanted to do food, games, rides, and maybe a souvenir... will I need to take out a loan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 04:19 PM

378 posts, read 704,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
We're thinking of going to the RenFest tomorrow, but don't know if the budget can handle the assault. I know the entrance fee - but how much do you typically spend there? If we wanted to do food, games, rides, and maybe a souvenir... will I need to take out a loan?
Well I spent $41 including entrance fee but that was only for myself (2 beers at $5.00 each, 1 ear of corn at $3.00, $5.00 camel ride, $3.00 paintball game).

Souvenirs, it depends on what you want. They have from $10.00 necklaces to $175 corsets (which the lady didn't tell me was that much until she booted me into it and I liked it - but didn't buy it...I can buy a push up bra for cheaper).

Food, I think the most expensive thing was that ugly turkey leg at $7.00.

Rides mostly were $5.00 to $6.00 (camel ride, bungee jump, a couple of house mazes to go through). Since I don't have kids my day was cheaper. My friend had her two kids there and she probably spent $100 total on just rides they wanted to do, food and a couple of small souvenirs.

I'd say plan on at least $30.00 per person extra after the entrance fee just to be on the safe side.

Have fun!

Old 11-11-2011, 11:28 PM

179 posts, read 399,385 times
I spent $100 between my wife, son and me. $20 per adult, kids under 5 (or 10?) are free, so that's $40. Spent about $30 in food, and the rest in a wooden sword, throwing tomatoes at some guy and $2 for my son to ride the giant horse.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 4,562 times
I went with my school so I did not have to pay the entree fee, but I spent like 40$ on just me for food and a couple of rides
and souviner's.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:50 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
$40 for tickets and probably $300 on clothing.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:55 PM

834 posts, read 1,015,596 times
24 per adult then the cost of ride tickets, food, merch, and the tips you're constantly reminded of.

It's worth it just be smart about spending and tipping. Plan an allowance if most of your wages pay bills.. Don't go there mad and screw it up for other people who had to dish out or work for cheap too..

Old 10-22-2015, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 6,868 times
Probably not much help now since you said "tomorrow" but I'll share anyway:

I've not yet been to the RenFest here but seems almost identical to the one I'm familiar with ie same company. Like with every renaissance festival, I look for coupons. Found a brochure at a visitors center that includes free child admission or half off an adult ticket. I'd check newspapers too, and I believe there is a texting club you can join for possible deals. Also, I think some days have free admission too, like the upcoming Halloween event--all children under 12 free. Food and drink runs the prices you'd see at any other outdoor event so it all depends on how much your family eats and drinks. Some visits I'm fine with spending $20 on myself and child, but other times we're more hungry or adventurous and check out every food option available before settling which can sometimes save money. I, personally, never do games. Just seems like a waste of money and more fun to watch others play. Merchandise/souvenir depends on what you buy but things can be pricey. Clothing will always be expensive but nick-knacks can be too especially if handmade. Depends on who you're buying for. I would often get jewelry ($20) or my son a weapon ($20). The animal rides here are extremely more affordable than what I'm used to so very lucky with that at least!

Old 10-25-2015, 04:02 PM

834 posts, read 1,015,596 times
I've been going to the Georgia and NC renaissance festivals since the 80s.. The Georgia one I haven't been to in a long time but is the biggest I've ever seen.

The rates in my last post are accurate I live 10 minutes from it currently and went recently. You can sometimes find deals like buy-one-get-one on opening weekend and sometimes later, and 20% off etc..

I'd pay to go to that before I would Carrowinds or some of these other places..

Old 10-26-2015, 08:40 PM

847 posts, read 1,351,294 times
You can spend as much or as little as you want. Do you want to eat? $20 or so. Drink? That could get costly. Do want to buy a $1200 sword? They have those also.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:37 PM

306 posts, read 517,439 times
This thread is 4 years old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte