Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM

120 posts, read 370,300 times

Advertisements

Folks, while I was in Charlotte last week, I took some pictures of homes from Huntersville all the way down to Waxhaw of homes that caught my interest. If anyone is interested in viewing the homes I have included a link here to give newcomers an idea of what the housing looks like down there. I did not label the pictures, but if you have any questions please feel free to send me a message.

robbbrown21's Public Gallery - AOL Pictures

Last edited by RobbBrown21; 08-27-2007 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Corrected Typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 08:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
This is the stuff I like to see!!

Great photos I hope you enjoyed your trip.
What is Maggianos?

I love the way this house is designed in this picture you took, except I would hate to been the roofer who had to lay the shingles LOL
Public Gallery Picture - AOL Pictures

Thank you for sharing these great photos.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbBrown21 View Post
Folks, while I was in Charlotte last week, I took some pictures of homes from Huntersville all the way down to Waxhaw of homes that caught my interesting. If anyone is interested in viewing the homes I have included a link here to give newcomers an idea of what the housing looks like down there. I did not label the pictures, but if you have any questions please feel free to send me a message.

robbbrown21's Public Gallery - AOL Pictures
Robb, I am so glad you had such a great trip Thanks for posting the pics!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This is the stuff I like to see!!

Great photos I hope you enjoyed your trip.
What is Maggianos?

I love the way this house is designed in this picture you took, except I would hate to been the roofer who had to lay the shingles LOL
Public Gallery Picture - AOL Pictures

Thank you for sharing these great photos.
Hi Sunny, you're so welcome, yes I tried to take pictures of houses that I would like to live in. The great thing about Charlotte, I believe, is that there's something for everyone in various price points and very nice neighborhoods. Honestly, I now have so many favorite neighborhoods. It's just so nice to know what everyone is talking about it and like you all have said, you just gotta come down there and see it.

Maggianos is my absolute favorite Italian restaurant. There's a few of them here in the Chicagoland area and I was so happy to discover one down in Charlotte. My favorite starter is their absolutely awesome Calamari, followed by my very favorite Rigotoni "D". It is just so delicious. I went there for my b-day last Monday and it is located in South Park Mall.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Robb, I am so glad you had such a great trip Thanks for posting the pics!
Hi lovesMountains!!!

Well I had an awesome time because of your help and guidance navigating me throughout the entire Charlotte area. If you had not told me about Providence Road and taking that all the way down to Waxhaw, I would have really missed seeing some really awesome subdivisions and towns.

I am in the process now of interviewing new real estate agents who can help me sell my home up here. It's going to be very tough and stressful, but if you ask me, Charlotte is well worth it in my book.

I really fell in love with this city and all of the towns. It's not that often to fly into a city and instantly fall in love with it. I have traveled all over the country for business and pleasure, and there's just something special about the Queen City. The folks there are just so nice and helpful. I have to say this to folks because this is so important. Every single subdivision that I visted last week, people waved and smiled and when I stopped the car to ask questions about their neighborhoods, everyone was so helpful and glady offer assistance and suggestions about other homes within the subdivision that were for sale. I have to say and be honest, many of my neighbors that I have seen everyday for 8 years won't even part their lips to say hello even when I wave or say hello. It was just refreshing to see smiling friendly helpful faces. I just love the sense of community that I found in Charlotte and folks helping each other. This was not unique to any particular area either, I found this all over the place from Huntersville all the way down to Waxhaw and Ft. Mill, SC.

I hope to put together a Charlotte Trip Report once I get all of my thoughts together in hopes that it will help someone out there who is considering relocating to Charlotte.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:27 PM

476 posts, read 1,575,427 times
Awesome pictures. What a great way to see so many. Thanks for putting in the time and effort and then sharing!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 AM

24 posts, read 60,616 times
Thanks! I love all of it... And the Maggianos- Awww... a favorite! I was also excited to know that there's a PF Changs in Charlotte! Now, if only the job offer comes through ...

Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 AM

40 posts, read 129,877 times
Looks very nice. They love brick siding down there. Not a big fan. But either way very nice. One of these days the wife and I will have to take a vacation there.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown007 View Post
Thanks! I love all of it... And the Maggianos- Awww... a favorite! I was also excited to know that there's a PF Changs in Charlotte! Now, if only the job offer comes through ...
Beantown, I did not realize they have a PF Changs in Charlotte, I will have to check that out on my next visit down there. The Cheesecake Factory is right next door to Maggianos at the South Park Mall.

One of the things that I saw on I-85 was a sign that said that an IKEA is coming. We have a couple of them here in the Chicago Suburbs and I tell you, this place is always packed. For me, they are good for odds and ends, but an awesome place for kids getting their first apartments and for dorm rooms. The ones here they have restaurants in them and they serve things like Swedish Meatballs, Franks, Ice Cream and and special items on a menu. It's a nice place to hang out on the weekends and people watch.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 AM

263 posts, read 1,097,049 times
See, told ya you were going to fall in love with Charlotte! Glad you had a nice time and thanks for providing the photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte