Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:50 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times

Advertisements

It's dissolvable NICOTINE and other DRUGS not TOBACCO. Sell me on some dissolvable
good weed and I think we have a better product to peddle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
It's dissolvable NICOTINE and other DRUGS not TOBACCO. Sell me on some dissolvable
good weed and I think we have a better product to peddle.
lol.. they have candy with THC in it in Cali.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:58 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Its not like skoal or snus the orbs are like mint flavor tic tac like nicotine that dissolves in mouth. picture http://consumerist.com/orbtictac.jpg (broken link)
The sticks are dissolvable mint flavor nicotine tooth pick like.

Great alternative to quit smoking.
I know two people who have used this method to quit smoking. They still use the strips but at least they aren't smoking, lol.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Yeah same here I quit smoking and switch to these when I discovered them in a Tent at Speed Street.
I want the nicotine it helps me relax.

Im glad they like the strips, they are great it relief fast, and probably good for people during a work setting or fast relief when one wakes up.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Yeah same here I quit smoking and switch to these when I discovered them in a Tent at Speed Street.

Im glad they like the strips, they are great it relief fast, and probably good for people during a work setting or fast relief when one wakes up.
I always felt I was a better student when I was smoking. And all the writers I knew smoked like smokestacks "back in the day" in the news room . . . it was just something you expected: a writer who also smoked and drank gallons of coffee, lol.

So when I saw this study about 10 years ago . . . I went - AH HA! Now I know why writers liked to smoke! And also - why it was so hard to quit smoking when you have to concentrate, often in noisy situations, as a writer.

Also explains why baseball players love their "chew."

Smoking is a lot more than a social habit. For some, it really is a concentration enchancement, b/c of nicotine.

Harnessing Nicotine's Power to Aid Concentration, Attention

(from the synopsis of article in WebMD):

These data suggest that nicotine improves attention in smokers by enhancing activation in areas traditionally associated with visual attention, arousal, and motor activation," says lead author Elliott Stein, MD, chief of the Neuroimaging Research Branch at the National Institute on Drug Abuse-Intramural Research Program.

[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]The study appears in the Oct. 24 issue of the journal Neuron.[/LEFT]

Old 11-23-2011, 11:47 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Ani, I don't dispute that nicotine has potential health benefits, however I don't think its a good excuse to justify smoking cigarettes or chew tobacco...if one smokes or dips regularly they increase their chances of developing cancers significantly.

If people can use the patch or gum or mint to quit smoking, more power to them...

Old 11-23-2011, 03:02 PM

468 posts, read 826,828 times
Seems like a lot safer alternative rather than lighting one up in bed after having sex.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:44 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:

Nicotine is a stimulant. The "relaxation" you feel is your addiction being sated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Seems like a lot safer alternative rather than lighting one up in bed after having sex.
"Mmmmm....baby....that was awesome. Can you hand me a nicotine strip?"

Doesn't have quite the same panache as lighting a smoke.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Ani, I don't dispute that nicotine has potential health benefits, however I don't think its a good excuse to justify smoking cigarettes or chew tobacco...if one smokes or dips regularly they increase their chances of developing cancers significantly.

If people can use the patch or gum or mint to quit smoking, more power to them...
Not trying to justify anything. Instead, it answered a question I had always wondered about, since starting to hang out in newsrooms at 13 - why did every writer I had known smoke - and insist that he/she can't write unless they have a cig in hand?

My point simply was . . . smoking is an addiction, yes, but the fact that it aids in concentration and focus explains why people with particular need to concentrate find it so very very addicting.

These little strips, etc. are a socially acceptable way of handling that need for some boost on the concentration side, for folks trying to quit smoking or for those who will gladly quit once they find a new way to get their nicotine. I know folks who have tried the nicotine gum stuff and hate it, so they keep smoking. This seems like a good alternative to smoking, to me.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post

"Mmmmm....baby....that was awesome. Can you hand me a nicotine strip?"

Doesn't have quite the same panache as lighting a smoke.

Yes, gives a whole new meaning to the idea of a "strip," doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte