Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:10 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,350,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
First, a bagal isn't officially a bagal until blessed. You might as well buy Lender's at the grocery store. By they way, they aren't bad.

Secondly, I know that you can get cheese grits with shrimp in the city but you don't have Catwaba River water to make them taste special.

River water??? Unfortunately , someone will likely see this , take it to heart , and end up in ICU. Just kidding , I hope. What would you consider good catfish , save for salt and pepper? It's been some time since I had good catfish , save for the last trip to Captain Steve's. I mistakenly tried Riverview Inn , and ended up wasting 16USD for a buffet that is likely 'stocked' by commercial fishermen. The food appeared to have been out all day. One place besides Steve's (and my own) is Blue Bay , located in Albemarle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,997,968 times
Texas Pete is up here, and I regularly bypass it for Tabasco and other small batch brands. You're friends must not be looking very hard.

There is nothing there that I can remember that you can't get up here, but there are tons of things you just can't get there that you can find here. Just my experience.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,333,924 times
being able to drive almost anywhere within a 2 hour radius without paying a toll

Old 11-22-2011, 06:59 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Texas Pete is up here, and I regularly bypass it for Tabasco and other small batch brands. You're friends must not be looking very hard.

There is nothing there that I can remember that you can't get up here, but there are tons of things you just can't get there that you can find here. Just my experience.
The only thing I don't remember seeing so far is Cheerwine. I'm not sure if it was ever sold anywhere outside of the southeast.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,150,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
The only thing I don't remember seeing so far is Cheerwine. I'm not sure if it was ever sold anywhere outside of the southeast.
Steak and Shake

Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,551 times
Blenheim Ginger Ale

Though, of course, with online sales, anything is available anywhere, just about.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 AM

763 posts, read 821,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Walmart; but that's nothing to brag about.
No Walmarts on Manhattan island.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I recently read that Cheerwine is going national. I remember seeing it last summer as far away as Indiana.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

When you say "up here" are you talking about Manhattan? I know that you can get Texas Pete up north, but Manhattan, like San Francisco doesn't have the large grocery stores, Walmarts, etc. that abound other cities. Manhattan consist mostly of small grocers. When I lived there, there were the occasional items that I couldn't find and had to get in New Jersey. I only use tabasco myself.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:09 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,190,813 times
Sun Drop
Cheerwine
Krispy Creme
Bojangles
Belks
Good college football
Good college basketball
humility
fish camps
pulled pork barbecue with the correct sauce
creamed corn
peach ice cream
carolina clouds
boiled peanuts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte