U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,155 times

Advertisements

Hi! Just trying to see if anyone is familiar with the Charlotte/Huntersville area of NC? We're here in San Antonio, TX; but, my husbands job is relocating us there in a few months, and we'd like to live in a nice family-friendly neighborhood on the outskirts of Charlotte. We have two toddler aged boys, and need to find an area with a good school system. Any info would be great appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2006, 08:31 AM

58 posts, read 317,857 times
I don't know about the schools, but I have been to Huntersville a few times. It seems to be a great place to live. There is great shopping, one of the best hospitals in NC, and the people seem to be really nice. I have wandered into some of the neighborhoods and they all seem very well kept

Old 04-15-2006, 12:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,076,087 times
I have heard that Huntersville is really nice. Check out Henrdrix Properties, you are able to view homes on the website. We spoke to Chad last year and he lives in Huntersville and can probably help you out. We have our home up for sale now (So Cal) and will be relocating most likely to Union County. The only bad school system I have heard of is Monroe (Union County). Check out the Chamber of Commerce website for Charlotte and also the city site.
www.huntersville.org/
Hope that helps.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:23 AM

543 posts, read 1,635,538 times
Default Villages at Rosedale

Good luck in your search Irish!!

We saw a nice development in Huntersville-- Villages of Rosedale, right next to the new elemntary school and close to shopping and services. Houses seem nice although like most of the new developments they are close together. Anyone from Huntersville area that can provide some details about Rosedale, demographics?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 04-16-2006, 02:32 PM

26 posts, read 130,744 times
Default Schools in Huntersville, NC

Taka a look at the school matters website (schoolmatters.com). It will give you a ton of info on the schools in the area. We live in Davidson but have quite a few friends with children that live in Huntersville and from what I understand, the schools area very good. I believe they score in the 90's.

Good luck to you!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 6,097 times
Default Homes in Lake Norman

Hi! I have lived in the Lake Norman area for 8+ years. My mother sells residential real estate here and is one of the top producers for Coldwell Banker. She knows the area very well with 25 years of experience! Let me know if I can help you!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:39 PM

474 posts, read 1,596,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhodes View Post
Hi! I have lived in the Lake Norman area for 8+ years. My mother sells residential real estate here and is one of the top producers for Coldwell Banker. She knows the area very well with 25 years of experience! Let me know if I can help you!
You might need to be little quicker on the trigger. The original posting is over a year old

Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,227,483 times
Haha this is great.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,638,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
You might need to be little quicker on the trigger. The original posting is over a year old
Oldies but goodies.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:32 AM

543 posts, read 1,635,538 times
Yikes, back when I was a newbie. This was right before we bought in Rosedale and I can remember how confused we were then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or