U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM

33 posts, read 66,911 times

Advertisements

Has anyone lived in these apartments or know someone that has? I am moving in the next month or so and was wondering if these were good apartments for a single woman in her mid -30's.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 03:55 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnp133 View Post
Has anyone lived in these apartments or know someone that has? I am moving in the next month or so and was wondering if these were good apartments for a single woman in her mid -30's.

Thanks in advance!
I would be happy to send you a direct message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:42 PM

6,270 posts, read 10,002,067 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Haven't lived there, but it is a very nice looking area. Here it is on streetview.
684 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte, North Carolina - Google Maps

The above streetview was taken before Metro 808 was built (much better looking area today). It's walking distance from Plaza Midwood and the Elizabeth area of town. IMO, it's probably one of the best non-downtown locations with that slight urban feel to it. I'd love to live there; lucky you.

Being that I use transit quite often, it's also nice to know that the #39,#17, #27, and the #9 are all options into (or out of) uptown to/from this location.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 PM

189 posts, read 286,212 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I've been in Elizabeth Square and toured one of their model units. Very nice building with top notch amenities. If you are into neighborhood living in an urban environment you can't go wrong. Plenty to walk to in Elizabeth as well as Plaza Midwood as someone indicated.

I haven't been in Metro 808 but it looked as nice on the exterior as Elizabeth Square.

I live in a similar style building in Southend and my only concern for you would be potentially intoxicated neighbors coming in and out during the weekend. I've yet to encounter it to the point that it was overbearing where I live, but there are some times that there has been yelling in the hall early in the morning (2-3am). Other than that I think you'd have nothing to worry about.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:33 PM

33 posts, read 66,911 times
Thank you! Cleveland - where do you live in South End? I was also thinking about checking out those apartments as well. I have two small dogs though and I liked Elizabeth Square cause they had a fenced in dog area that my porch was off of.

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 PM

189 posts, read 286,212 times
I'm in Circle at Southend. Depending on your budget, Millenium is very nice as well but I found their rates to be about $200 more a month for comparable space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte