U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,077 posts, read 2,121,678 times
Reputation: 991

Advertisements

Announcement: You can win $5,000 - City-data Forum's Most Informative Poster Contest is open for entries. You have to enter by yourself to be considered.

Ani, not really sure how this works, but let's not waste any time....go ahead and enter yourself so we can all vote for you.

Sorry, but there simply is no 2nd place here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2011, 07:24 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,887,900 times
Reputation: 1066
Ani is huge on this forum! I also think Loves, BrianH, & Mullman should apply. Much respect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,077 posts, read 2,121,678 times
Reputation: 991
aight, u got a point about Loves, but that's where I draw the line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,887,900 times
Reputation: 1066
I know I'm probably forgetting several great folks who have informed me and helped me over the years... please forgive me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,219 posts, read 11,033,745 times
Reputation: 3846
Other posters do not get to vote, that process is done by employees of Advameg (I think that is the name of the company)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,886 posts, read 64,056,012 times
Reputation: 22241
Awwwww - Eman, don't be too nice . . . folks will figure out I have you on retainer to say nice things about me. :-)

I appreciate your kind comments, but no, I am not entering the contest. I hope others will, tho! I like keeping Anifani anonymous. Speaking of which, many of us have actually met in real life. We should do another C-D meet up!

Part of the rules of the contest includes the right to use the winner in interviews, revealing their actual identity . . . and that kinda ruins the fun for me.

But I really appreciate the vote of support, Eman! xoxoxoxo

And I agree - there are many others who have helped us all so much. How much fun we have all had over the years. Even if we grouse at one another now and then . . . we will turn to each other for advice and trust that we are getting good info! Not even the closest families agree on EVERYTHING, all the time . . .

The great thing about our posters on the Charlotte forum is . . . not only terrific info to share, but heartfelt discussions, even when we come from different perspectives . . .

I dont need to win a contest: I already won when I found so many terrific folks to share with on this forum. I think we are all winners!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
19,959 posts, read 24,855,385 times
Reputation: 7774
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
Announcement: You can win $5,000 - City-data Forum's Most Informative Poster Contest is open for entries. You have to enter by yourself to be considered.

Ani, not really sure how this works, but let's not waste any time....go ahead and enter yourself so we can all vote for you.

Sorry, but there simply is no 2nd place here.
We don't get to vote.

Sunny suggested to Ani that she should enter. After reading the rules, Ani decided to not enter. This was in the chat thread.

This rule pretty well means that the ollder posters, particularly females, won't enter. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsor exclusive permission to use their names, forum handles, characters, photographs, posts, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,886 posts, read 64,056,012 times
Reputation: 22241
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
We don't get to vote.

Sunny suggested to Ani that she should enter. After reading the rules, Ani decided to not enter. This was in the chat thread.

This rule pretty well means that the ollder posters, particularly females, won't enter. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsor exclusive permission to use their names, forum handles, characters, photographs, posts, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.

Yep. There has been discussion about this on the general forum . . . I wish they would not have had that stipulation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
19,959 posts, read 24,855,385 times
Reputation: 7774
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yep. There has been discussion about this on the general forum . . . I wish they would not have had that stipulation!
Yup, if you're young & mobil, that's one thing. Even if you enter & don't win they could use you. It's not safe. Not that I would stand a chance, but I wouldn't enter for that reason. I suppose that they are trying to use the contest to get more young posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,077 posts, read 2,121,678 times
Reputation: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Awwwww - Eman, don't be too nice . . . folks will figure out I have you on retainer to say nice things about me. :-)

I appreciate your kind comments, but no, I am not entering the contest. I hope others will, tho! I like keeping Anifani anonymous. Speaking of which, many of us have actually met in real life. We should do another C-D meet up!

Part of the rules of the contest includes the right to use the winner in interviews, revealing their actual identity . . . and that kinda ruins the fun for me.

But I really appreciate the vote of support, Eman! xoxoxoxo

And I agree - there are many others who have helped us all so much. How much fun we have all had over the years. Even if we grouse at one another now and then . . . we will turn to each other for advice and trust that we are getting good info! Not even the closest families agree on EVERYTHING, all the time . . .

The great thing about our posters on the Charlotte forum is . . . not only terrific info to share, but heartfelt discussions, even when we come from different perspectives . . .

I dont need to win a contest: I already won when I found so many terrific folks to share with on this forum. I think we are all winners!!!
yeah, all that and like $5,000. that's all I need, $5,000. and this ash tray. $5,000 and this ash tray. and this lamp. the lamp, $5k and this ash tray. and this chair. $5k, the chair, the ash tray, and this lamp. that's all I need.








ok, so I don't go into this 'group chat' thing, so what can I tell ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top