Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:01 PM

55 posts, read 78,835 times

Advertisements

I would like to know how safe is Mecklenburg County. I been doing some research and what I see they have very good schools. Been looking into the Cornelius, Matthews, Mint Hill, and Davidson. I'm married with 3 kids. So family oriented will be good for us.

Is there any other counties that are safe but not to far from Charlotte?
Any advice will be great appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
What do you consider "not too far"?

Old 12-08-2011, 12:16 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLifeStyle View Post
I would like to know how safe is Mecklenburg County. I been doing some research and what I see they have very good schools. Been looking into the Cornelius, Matthews, Mint Hill, and Davidson. I'm married with 3 kids. So family oriented will be good for us.

Is there any other counties that are safe but not to far from Charlotte?
Any advice will be great appreciated.
A lot depends on where the job is.

Depending on where the job is, you might want to look at Mooresville, if you're looking at Cornelius & Davidson. On the other hand, again, depending on where the job is, Kings Mountain is the same distance from Charlotte as Mooresville & has good schools. There are good schools in Union County & South Charlotte. It really depends on the job location.

m

Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Matthews and Mint Hill are both safe suburbs. My suggestion is to drive around them and call the police for reports on the areas you like.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
What do you consider "not too far"?
I wouldn't like to drive far then 35min from Charlotte.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Matthews and Mint Hill are both safe suburbs. My suggestion is to drive around them and call the police for reports on the areas you like.
So I'm guessing this is not to close to the city?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
A lot depends on where the job is.

Depending on where the job is, you might want to look at Mooresville, if you're looking at Cornelius & Davidson. On the other hand, again, depending on where the job is, Kings Mountain is the same distance from Charlotte as Mooresville & has good schools. There are good schools in Union County & South Charlotte. It really depends on the job location.

m

Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
So I'm guessing this is not to close to the city?
Charlotte is geographically large. The location of the job within Charlotte could make a difference. Cornelius & Davidson are farther from Charlotte than Matthews & Mint Hill, but where in Charlotte the job is located could make the difference.

Have you checked a map?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Charlotte is geographically large. The location of the job within Charlotte could make a difference. Cornelius & Davidson are farther from Charlotte than Matthews & Mint Hill, but where in Charlotte the job is located could make the difference.

Have you checked a map?
Yes that's what I thought too. The job is located on Tryon St I don't know if you are familiar with that. I wouldn't like for us to drive more then 30-40min.

I'm also looking at Union County and I see is safe. As I mentioned schools are very important to us.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Yes that's what I thought too. The job is located on Tryon St I don't know if you are familiar with that. I wouldn't like for us to drive more then 30-40min.

I'm also looking at Union County and I see is safe. As I mentioned schools are very important to us.
Depending on where on Tryon you should look at South Charlotte, or Union County. If you are looking at Matthews, Belmont in Gaston County might also work.

You asked about Cornelius & Davidson That's why I threw in Mooresville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte