U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,785 times

Advertisements

Hi! I moved to Charlotte about six months ago, and have been on the hunt for a better apartment for a few weeks (I moved for a great job op and booked the first thing I could find). Anyway, I was hoping some of you would be willing to help and give me some information on how safe the following apartment complexes. Any other insight would be appreciated (noise factor, location, commute to uptown):

1 - Sterling Magnolia in South Charlotte (cheapest of the three, but is this in a good part of town in terms of places to eat/things to do?)
2 - Metro808 in Plaza Midwood (extremely nice listings, a bit more expensive than the Magnolia, but seems like a fun area with the local comic shop, cajun place and Showmars)
3 - Camden South End - A great commute for me, and the price is in between the Sterling Magnolia and Metro808. I'm just not sure if its the safest location.

Any help or advice or information on any of these would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 06:22 PM

189 posts, read 286,693 times
If I had to choose of the three.

1. Metro 808 - fun, trendy area. Just across 74 from Elizabeth which is also a very nice area. Close to Independence Park.
2. Camden South End - toured these myself, very generic apartment for the price they want you to pay. Especially compared to what you'd get at Metro. I live in the neighborhood and it's very safe. Camden is just across Tryon from some older/boarded up buildings that I think were going to be another phase of the Millennium as they still have their banner on one of the fences.
3. Sterling Magnolia - Nothing wrong with Cotswold, very desirable part of town for a lot of folks. Close to Uptown and Southpark. Just has more of a suburban feel. Which if you don't mind and price is a top priority then you would be just fine here.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,785 times
Thanks for all of the help there - all of your sentiments completely echo what I've been feeling. Basically, we've narrowed it down to the Sterling Magnolia (1150 a month for a 2BR) and the Metro (1375-1405 for a 2BR). We like both of the areas a whole lot - and your advice really helps - thanks very much!

Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 PM

184 posts, read 409,809 times
Randolph Road can be a nightmare during rush hour. Take that into consideration if thinking about Sterling Magnolia. It is very convenient to Cotswold Shopping Center. If you want to be near bars and restaurants, and minimal rush hour traffic, I'd go with Metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte