U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:08 PM

390 posts, read 1,366,828 times

Advertisements

You could be waterfront in Tega Cay, SC for a price that would be very comfortable on your salary. It would be about 30 minutes (40 on a bad day) to uptown. Small, recreational town with great schools and friendly people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 05:12 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,423,907 times
Or he could get beachfront property in Wilmington.

What part of the 30 minute commute did y'all not understand?

I am in west Huntersville, and there is no way I can even get to B of A stadium in 30 minutes in rush hour and there is no way in hades he is getting there in 30 minutes from freakin' SC.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,647 times
I suggest you see a real estate agent when you get here, or contact one and let them be looking for you ahead, and she/he can always email you pictures, and then you can go see the ones you have chosen once you arrive. You really need expert advice when dealing with your home purchase. You can't just ask people on the internet. With your earnings you will be able to have a lovely home, and it won't be a bad drive. Stay away from the West side of Charlotte. Union county does not have it's own water supply, so don't buy there either. Get some expert advice from someone you can trust, and that's someone whom represents you in the real estate industry. Best wishes.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:32 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,423,907 times
Quote:
You can't just ask people on the internet.
Peggy, obviously you are new here and clearly a realtor maybe looking for business. You should know that questions like his are what this board is all about. It's like getting reviews from other car owners on other sites when in the market for a new ride. I doubt he was planning on basing all his decisions on ONLY what we say. We give opinions and direction, ok.

AND
Quote:
Union county does not have it's own water supply, so don't buy there either.
OMG give me a break.
Everyone, FLEE UNION COUNTY! HAHAHA, ok.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,506,947 times
PeggyGirl you might want to look all the posts in this and other state forums reloication information is what this site is all about.

No one is better expret than the locals of the area and even realtors offer their expert opinion as well. If someone was posting inaccurate information believe me another local will prove their point is invalid. That is why this is a great place to get mostly honest opinions about an area.

Good luck with your quiest for a piece of Charlotte Arghh and I hope posters read what exactly you are looking for instead of just posting random places.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,276,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Or he could get beachfront property in Wilmington.
I was going to suggest Myrtle Beach but you insisted on keeping it within the state.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:59 PM

38 posts, read 104,117 times
Default area 5 of charlotte realty

IMHO i think that is where you will be directed to.
i have been looking at a lot of posts and practically every one agrees to this.
looks like a best mix of all things that one seeks --- neighborhood, schools, proximity to charlotte work areas etc;. ofcourse you will have negatives also like -- high cost of the house and traffic etc;.

that being said, you need to have you priorities. and with those priorities marked, some expericed folks here, your realtor could narrow down and make it easier to find a hime for you.

good luck and keep us posted for people like me could get more info when we are in the thick of the field of house hunting

Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,764,832 times
We love living in Union Peggy our own water supply? I might add its beautiful here the schools are top notch...and I have never heard of that being a concern..and Im sorry but that is just awful advice..

You should really contact a realtor as well just to get a feel of some of the areas you are interested in....if schools are important u might have to sacrifc the commute, if it isnt a concern then you can go closer to uptown...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM

380 posts, read 1,614,770 times
kmway, I like your sense of humor.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:56 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,544,842 times
Although you mentioned that you would be interested in a small town, no one has mentioned Davidson. In my opinion, it's the only really charming small town in Mecklenburg with library, restaurants, small shops and Davidson College all within walking distance. There are some very lovely homes there as well as good schools. All of this with an upscale population. There is the question of a commute, but this would be no worse than to depend on Providence Road, HWY 51 or I 484. Plus you'd have the Lake Norman recreational area very nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or