U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 56,134,808 times

Advertisements

As I was doing my Christmas final shopping, I thought about collecting items and crafting my own detail to them for next year.

Where do you think would be a good place that will have good discount on artificial wreaths?

Im also looking for battery operated Christmas lights, led would be great.
Has anyone seen them and if so where?

Also in your opinion who would have better 1/2 to 75 percent off sales? I was thinking places like Sears as they have fewer shoppers than a Wally World would.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 PM

19,762 posts, read 24,641,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
As I was doing my Christmas final shopping, I thought about collecting items and crafting my own detail to them for next year.

Where do you think would be a good place that will have good discount on artificial wreaths?

Im also looking for battery operated Christmas lights, led would be great.
Has anyone seen them and if so where?

Also in your opinion who would have better 1/2 to 75 percent off sales? I was thinking places like Sears as they have fewer shoppers than a Wally World would.

Thanks
I was in Gastonia today, Sunny.

Sears has very little left. The Shelby store might have more. Either go to Micheals in Gastonia or AC Moore in Hickory for the wreaths I don't know how much AC Moore has left, though. Chech online for coupons, though. Michaels has very little ribbon left for bows. Try Rite Aid for battery operated lights.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:08 PM

8,219 posts, read 10,980,821 times
There is nothing left.
Retail sales are not what they have played them up to be this season so in order to boost sales they have been and are currently placing everything on sale. I was in Michael's today in Gastonia and they are putting everything already 60-70% off, and it was wiped out.

Lowes, Walgreens, CVS and Rite-aid the shelves are empty.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:12 PM

They must have had a pre clearance sale, but there was no way I was dealing with that crowd.

Thanks SB, Ill check those places, I hope you have a good Christmas Holiday season!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 PM

I did some final shopping this past weekend and I was seeing some sales then, I dont know why people go crazy for Black Friday, the deals week before Christmas seems the way to go

Thanks CC, Ill still give it hope and try

You have a good Christmas!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 PM

8,219 posts, read 10,980,821 times
Quote:
I did some final shopping this past weekend and I was seeing some sales then, I dont know why people go crazy for Black Friday, the deals week before Christmas seems the way to go

Thanks CC, Ill still give it hope and try

You have a good Christmas!

If you need a new fake tree Michael's had some really pretty ones!

Merry Christmas to you, I hope it is wonderful and blessed!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
If you need a new fake tree Michael's had some really pretty ones!

Merry Christmas to you, I hope it is wonderful and blessed!
Im sure they do, I would love a purple one hehe.

Im mainly looking for wreaths and lights and ribbon I had this crafty light bulb go off in my head

Old 12-23-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
They must have had a pre clearance sale, but there was no way I was dealing with that crowd.

Thanks SB, Ill check those places, I hope you have a good Christmas Holiday season!
Sunny, keep in mind that the selling seasons in craft stores are off-kilter. The Halloween & Christmas stuff should start to come out in mid-summer for people who will be selling in craft shows & to stores. By Thanksgiving the mark-downs start & they are in clearance before Christmas.

You can still find stuff in Michaels, but print out the coupons & take them with you. Monday the mark-downs will be more severe.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Thanks, that what I was thinking the insane clearance get this stuff out of door sales.
Ill have to wake up bright and early

Old 12-23-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that what I was thinking the insane clearance get this stuff out of door sales.
Ill have to wake up bright and early
Yeah, I have to go back in the morning. I have a 40% off coupon & I didn't take it with me because what I wanted to use it for didn't come in with the order on Tuesday. Apparently, it came in later in the week, so I'll be going back tomorrow morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or