Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:41 PM

45 posts, read 92,927 times

Advertisements

My best friend and I are meeting half-way in the Charlotte vicinity in the Jan-March time frame for a couple of nights - probably Thurs/Fri nights.
We're in our early 40s and are interested in nice dinners, upscale shopping and spa services.
Any recommendations are appreciated! (area of town, hotels, restaurants, malls, spas, etc.)
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 10:22 PM

531 posts, read 1,073,529 times
Don't know the price range of the hotel, but Ballantyne area might be a good one for you. Moreover, you can drive to down South Park Mall which is a upscale one. Just search this forum for some nice restaurants and you will find the listing. Check out Ballantyne hotel too.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 AM

184 posts, read 464,192 times
Ballantyne Resort has a spa - I hear it's very nice. You can stay there and then treat yourselves to their services. There's a wine bar across the street from there at Ballantyne Village that seems popular - d'Vine Wine Bar? There's also Cosmos Cafe nearby that's similar to the popular downtown location.

SouthPark is another popular area, but there's very little to do there at night. Lots of restaurants, great shopping, but the night time weekend scene can be hit or miss.

If you really want to be in the middle of it all, I recommend downtown and staying at the Ritz Carlton. They offer spa services and right across the street is an entertainment complex called the Epicentre. Bars, restaurants, nightclubs, some shopping. You'll have to go to SouthPark or Dilworth if you want to do some hardcore shopping. If the Ritz is too much, try the Westin or Hotel Sierra. They may have some spa services, but nowhere near what the Ritz offers.

Have fun! If you have other questions feel free to DM me!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:58 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,350,377 times
Ballantyne is really kind of out there in the hinterlands of S. Charlotte. I know, I work out there. There is no shopping to speak of and the restaurants are 99% chains and fast food. I suggest you look into Phillips Place. You're right by the very upscale Southpark Mall, close to many wonderful restaurants, and close to uptown Charlotte. Leave Ballantyne for the golfers.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 AM

763 posts, read 812,300 times
Southpark or Phillips Place. I agree with Chuckles34 totally.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:41 PM

45 posts, read 92,927 times
Thanks for the wonderful suggestions. I had looked at Ballantyne and was concerned about it being remote. I'm glad that some of you confirmed that.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:56 AM

22 posts, read 44,780 times
Phillips place if you want to be near shopping, there is a Hampton Inn there, but not sure about a spa.

If you want a hotel with a spa--definitely the Ritz. Love it there!

I also love the Ballantyne Resort, but if you want to do other things besides spa and hotel you'd do better to be centrally located.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 PM

644 posts, read 1,423,751 times
Lol at there's a Hampton Inn there

Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,350,377 times
It's a REALLY nice Hampton Inn. Check it out!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:08 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,694,577 times
It's like the flagship Hampton Inn. It looks like a Four Season inside:

Hampton Inn & Suites

Also, there are some decent hotels by the Southpark Mall which as great high-end shopping, bars, restaurants, spa all nearby (5 minute walk or less). The Double Tree is right there at the mall:
Charlotte Hotels in SouthPark | DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte-SouthPark, NC | Hotels Near Charlotte Airport | CLT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte