Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 03:49 PM

6 posts, read 7,472 times

Advertisements

My husband will be working in Concord, we want to rent an apartment. Can anyone advise a town that is safe. And is there some town better than other for the commute to Concord. we are interested in Charlotte area, Huntersville, Davidson possible, a friend mentioned Matthews. any hep is appreciated also please DM if you have any apartments you can recommend. I did hear from 2 people about places
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 PM

373 posts, read 778,777 times
Charlotte is the safest city in America.
There are no gangs.
No stolen cars.
No pollution
No unemployment
Safe bus lines and the smartest city planners in the country.
All you have to do is pick which Queens Road you want to live on and wake up to your mail being delivered first thing in the morning.

Wow!
Wooooooooooowwwwwwww !!!!!!!
That really felt good to say.
Unfortunately none of it is true.
I would pretty much much say if you are looking for safety, avoid Charlotte.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:39 PM

495 posts, read 1,077,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
There are no gangs.
No stolen cars.
No pollution
No unemployment
All you have to do is pick which Queens Road you want to live on and wake up to your mail being delivered first thing in the morning.

Wow!
Given that well over 60% of major cities have higher crime than Charlotte, you're really carving out a lot there.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:49 PM

6 posts, read 7,472 times
wow talk about northerners being rude, all towns have there seedy parts I just don't care to live in that type of environment. Thanks for nothing

Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM

314 posts, read 675,985 times
The cities you mentioned are all fine areas to live in. Some other nearby areas are Cornelius, Kannapolis, Harrisburg and North Charlotte zip 28269 is a good one to check out.
Good luck!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM

373 posts, read 778,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydew64 View Post
wow talk about northerners being rude, all towns have there seedy parts I just don't care to live in that type of environment. Thanks for nothing
I am not sure what to make of your statement about rudeness. I don't know if you felt I was being rude or maybe I am not picking up on your own brand of sarcasm.

I have a goofball personality.
I was not trying to be rude, just silly.
People in Charlotte will get what I was saying.

As far as the small towns you mentioned, all of those, as well as the others that surround Charlotte, are pretty safe as communities go.
Like anywhere else in America, or the world for that matter, their will be some bad apples or juvenille delinquents even in the safest of areas.

Crime can also travel. There are always people driving around in every city and town in the world looking for targets of opportunity. Personal safety is a life skill/ necessity no matter where you live. How safe you are is really up to you.

You would be just as safe in the towns you mentioned as you would be in any small town in America.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM

373 posts, read 710,296 times
Charlotte is big enough to have it all and plenty of it.I think Mooresvile has alot to offer and its a short ride to concord from there.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
My husband will be working in Concord, we want to rent an apartment. Can anyone advise a town that is safe. And is there some town better than other for the commute to Concord. we are interested in Charlotte area, Huntersville, Davidson possible, a friend mentioned Matthews. any hep is appreciated also please DM if you have any apartments you can recommend. I did hear from 2 people about places
I would be happy to send you a direct message

Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
There are no gangs.
No stolen cars.
No pollution
No unemployment

Wow!
Quote:
wow talk about northerners being rude......
although cheesecrackers post made no sense to me personally, how do you come up with 'northerner' being rude out of that?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:47 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,429,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
Charlotte is big enough to have it all and plenty of it.I think Mooresvile has alot to offer and its a short ride to concord from there.
Yes and no need to go on I77 or I85 there are so many options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte