Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times

Advertisements

This is a pretty big deal. Forever 21 has been opening up these mega stores as a way to compete with H&M’s US expansions. These stores are much larger than H&M’s though, and they look more like department stores. To give you an idea of how large this store will be, the Best Buy at Concord Mills is 35,000 Square Feet.

What's In Store: XXI Forever expanding its Concord Mills store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM

378 posts, read 704,528 times
I'm trying to picture in my head where by the theaters this will be. I do like the XX Forever stores better than the Forever 21's, better types of clothes for more women (and men).

I still want a local H&M though.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
I'm trying to picture in my head where by the theaters this will be. I do like the XX Forever stores better than the Forever 21's, better types of clothes for more women (and men).

I still want a local H&M though.
I was trying to figure that out too. When looking at the mall map, and thinking about the layout down there, I guess there's a space right across from Sun & Ski for another large store. It never occured to me before, but it is kind of odd how thats the only entrance where you walk in and there's a big wall on one side and no stores. I guess this space was always for expansion. mall map: http://m.simon.com/assets/mobile/mallmap/5207.gif

Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM

378 posts, read 704,528 times
I always forget about that big wall there (behind that simulator they have, or at least had there at some point). Interesting. That seems pretty small though, especially compared to the BB&B. I would think it would be as big as the Off 5th, especially from being inside the others I've been to in different cities. It is MUCH bigger than the current Forever 21 though.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
I always forget about that big wall there (behind that simulator they have, or at least had there at some point). Interesting. That seems pretty small though, especially compared to the BB&B. I would think it would be as big as the Off 5th, especially from being inside the others I've been to in different cities. It is MUCH bigger than the current Forever 21 though.
When you say its small compared to BB&B are you looking at the map? If so, you can't go by that. That map is not really to scale, and they probably made that area look small because that's dead space. I wouldn't be concerned about how it appears on the map, or even how that space appears in person right now. You can't really see how much room they have to work with in person either becaused its a wall. And who knows, they may go up with it and it be a two story store. Either way, its going to have 30,000 square feet so its going to be huge. And I think Off Fifth only has around 20,000 square feet, so its going to be a lot bigger than the Saks store. The new H&M's built in Winston and Raleigh were around that size at 20,000 square feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte