Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,333 times

Advertisements

make no mistake about this..when the county has your entire pay check and has you shopping at the county store, you will be asking self, self how again is it that i picked meck cty nc to live ..high taxes, incomptment management, using our tax money to support their habits..and i ask you to support a proposition that all elected employees disclose their property tax, and even more important that all former retired elected employees release their property tax..i have this deep dark seeded feeling that some of our current/retired elected officials getting specials tax breaks on their property..this county is using the obama class warfare in this city/county so that they can continue to keep themself in office...you need only look at the management of this city and you will see chicago/detroit style government leaders...if the city/county is not giving out pay raises why did the government need to raise the taxes...with the economy in obama shambles i would think the county could reduce spending, i know some people in this county will have to give up homes because of this unjust tax increase..we need a cap/rollback on property taxes and we need it soon..i am outraged that this revaluation comes at a time when people are hurting financially, if the county leaders keep their base happy what do they care about folks living in the suburb, let suburbs pay for tax burden and then let the people not affected vote to keep the leaders in office..the bottom line is if you manage to save money, live within a budget then the powers in this city coming after yours and my money....we are ripped off daily,monthly,yearly in this city..if we had real leaders in this county, they would have come out and said, due to the economy in shambles, we have decided to hold the line on taxes or raise taxes minimumably...instead the leaders said, screw the suburbs, they have cash and we want it.. please do not come back and say its the law on raising taxes, its not the law to tax home owners out of their property...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Property taxes are a real issue for retirees who have paid for their homes and are on a fixed income. This is especially true for folks who have lived in their homes for 25 or more years and who started out with very low taxes and then were annexed.

The information about property taxes is available to the public. It is already essentially disclosed and can be accessed online.

http://meckcama.co.mecklenburg.nc.us/relookup/

Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times
Yikes. Someone should stop listening to am radio and take a basic English course. Or a basic civics course. As Ani said, tax information is public information.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Hard to take anyone serious that has the word rape in their profile name. Much less someone who apparently doesn't know what a paragraph is.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 AM

763 posts, read 822,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxrape View Post
make no mistake about this..when the county has your entire pay check and has you shopping at the county store, you will be asking self, self how again is it that i picked meck cty nc to live ..high taxes, incomptment management, using our tax money to support their habits..and i ask you to support a proposition that all elected employees disclose their property tax, and even more important that all former retired elected employees release their property tax..i have this deep dark seeded feeling that some of our current/retired elected officials getting specials tax breaks on their property..this county is using the obama class warfare in this city/county so that they can continue to keep themself in office...you need only look at the management of this city and you will see chicago/detroit style government leaders...if the city/county is not giving out pay raises why did the government need to raise the taxes...with the economy in obama shambles i would think the county could reduce spending, i know some people in this county will have to give up homes because of this unjust tax increase..we need a cap/rollback on property taxes and we need it soon..i am outraged that this revaluation comes at a time when people are hurting financially, if the county leaders keep their base happy what do they care about folks living in the suburb, let suburbs pay for tax burden and then let the people not affected vote to keep the leaders in office..the bottom line is if you manage to save money, live within a budget then the powers in this city coming after yours and my money....we are ripped off daily,monthly,yearly in this city..if we had real leaders in this county, they would have come out and said, due to the economy in shambles, we have decided to hold the line on taxes or raise taxes minimumably...instead the leaders said, screw the suburbs, they have cash and we want it.. please do not come back and say its the law on raising taxes, its not the law to tax home owners out of their property...
As mentioned earlier, property taxes are public record. I'm not sure if you are ready to teach that political science or English class at UNCC at this point though. However, I do think that the city government/school board, etc. is on its way to hell in a handbasket.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,714,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Hard to take anyone serious that has the word rape in their profile name. Much less someone who apparently doesn't know what a paragraph is.
Apparently I have added to your rep. too many times so I can't do it anymore but bravo.

Also, I would be willing to bet my entire 401k that the OP is collecting more in benefits from the government than he/she is actually paying in taxes. Before anyone goes on a rampage about taxes they should really sit down and figure out how much benefit they get and how much they pay into the system. You might be surprised by the outcome....

Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
Apparently I have added to your rep. too many times so I can't do it anymore but bravo.

Also, I would be willing to bet my entire 401k that the OP is collecting more in benefits from the government than he/she is actually paying in taxes. Before anyone goes on a rampage about taxes they should really sit down and figure out how much benefit they get and how much they pay into the system. You might be surprised by the outcome....
Nobody likes paying taxes but, I once had a friend who worked (well, employed) for a tax department. He explained taxes thus to me.

Think of us, he said, as a sort of charity. We collect money and use it to buy, build and set up all sorts of useful stuff like schools, roads, street lighting, police and fire departments. We collect your garbage and clean most of the streets too.

Looked at like that, we do actually get products and services that make up a large part of our community.

Still hate payin' tho .

Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxrape View Post
Who did you listen too before righting this blob of text?

Hannity, Rush, Ingram? LOL...

Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,196,373 times
righting... lol. is that codespeak for a right-wing written rant?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
righting... lol. is that codespeak for a right-wing written rant?
you are write!!! I was being clever.

sike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: