Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,082 times

Advertisements

You can't miss the place on Atando. Its the one with the huge pile of metal and all the trucks lined up to get in.

There is one on Graham St. that I've been using. I go there mainly because I've had too many nails in my tires from the place on Atando. Prices are pretty much the same. Of course they give you strange looks when you show up with 500 pounds of brass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 08:34 AM

677 posts, read 2,236,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
You can't miss the place on Atando. Its the one with the huge pile of metal and all the trucks lined up to get in.

There is one on Graham St. that I've been using. I go there mainly because I've had too many nails in my tires from the place on Atando. Prices are pretty much the same. Of course they give you strange looks when you show up with 500 pounds of brass.
500 lbs of brass? I'd give you strange looks too, lol. Probably like driving up with 1200 lbs of copper wire used for electrical transmission, still on the spool haha.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:42 AM

50 posts, read 123,541 times
Try Metal Recyclers in Monroe off 74 . I have taken cans and assorted metals there for cash. Aluminum prices have fallen significantly. I got about .55 lb three months ago and .22 about a month ago. Other metal prices have also gone way down
Metal Recyclers
150 S Bivens Rd
Monroe, NC 28112
(704) 283-4455

Old 02-24-2009, 08:16 AM

6 posts, read 69,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Why so rude? I said I didn't believe we had any places like this in Charlotte since recycling is so big here now - I didn't say "NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY THERE ARE NO PLACES BUYING CANS IN CHARLOTTE".

You yourself are apparently having a problem finding a place to sell to - so if they are around there aren't too many of them. At least you can always drive back to Monroe since you know there's a place there
I did that because I thought your answer to the original poster was curt and rude. Selling the cans is STILL recycling, you just get paid for doing it, and if you know all this you could have answered that a little more positively. That's all.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMorris View Post
I did that because I thought your answer to the original poster was curt and rude. Selling the cans is STILL recycling, you just get paid for doing it, and if you know all this you could have answered that a little more positively. That's all.
Sadly, you jumped to a conclusion - my nickname around this place is "Pollyanna" - I am an upbeat positive person at least 90% of the time. Don't know how you could have read with I wrote as "curt", it was simply factual, most folks these days recycle from home - they don't take the time or trouble to sell their aluminum. I am baffled by your interpretation that I was rude for relaying that information.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:

Somebody with a mere two posts under his or her belt (along with only being registered here for less than a month) is in no position to assume anyone else's intentions in regards to what they post, particularly lovesMountains.

I don't think she owes someone with a couple of posts any explanation as to what she meant. The rest of us here know.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:43 PM

Well excuse ME! I still thought it was not a very considerate answer to a perfectly valid question, and if you notice, the original poster never wrote again. Can't blame them either, especially if they got a reply like that. And, new here or not I still have the right to voice my opinions and concerns unless you "senior" members want to ban me. If you're going to give out information that is useful, at least tell people something that will help them, there was no sense in saying that "we don't sell them here" as it is totally false. That's all.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Well excuse ME! I still thought it was not a very considerate answer to a perfectly valid question, and if you notice, the original poster never wrote again. Can't blame them either, especially if they got a reply like that. And, new here or not I still have the right to voice my opinions and concerns unless you "senior" members want to ban me. If you're going to give out information that is useful, at least tell people something that will help them, there was no sense in saying that "we don't sell them here" as it is totally false. That's all.
Don't understand why you want to continue to be argumentative - no one seems to have taken my comments the wrong way but you? Regardless, I believe lots of useful info has been given out on this thread. Surely some of it was useful to you? Why not bring us up to date on where you have found to recycle your cans?

Old 03-13-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Don't understand why you want to continue to be argumentative - no one seems to have taken my comments the wrong way but you?
Then why do I keep saying "that's all"?

Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Then why do I keep saying "that's all"?
I'm sure I have no idea...regardless, please share some useful info of your own and tell us where you have found to recycle your aluminum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte