Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:13 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,389,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekurit View Post
Granted, they have more mature landscaping. That's just b/c it's one of the, if not, the oldest neighborhood in Charlotte. Ballantyne is a very young area and is still growing to this day. Not every house in the Myers Park area is a mansion, and that's fact...
Are you familiar with Dallas? In Dallas the "most execlusive" area is Highland Park- older established area. Plano is similar to Ballytnyne- newer homes, golf courses. But Highland Park is by far considered the fancier address. The same holds true for many cities (the older established historic snob areas are the most execlusive), including Charlotte. When someone mentions they live in Myers Park I assume they are either rich, connected, old Charlotte, etc. When someone mentions they live in Ballyntyne I think there is a better chance they are likely a transplant with the Banks who will move soon, over-extended, or living in one of the middle of the road McMansions (there are a lot of 3000 square foot homes under $750K, trying finding a 3000 square foot home in Myers park for under $750K). Per square foot Myers Park and Eastover is MUCH more expensive. yes there are some palatial homes in Ballyntyne, but if that same home were on the same amount of property in Myers Park/Eastover, it would be MUCH more expensive. And Piper Glen is generally regarded as "tired".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 08:31 PM

113 posts, read 443,103 times
"When I think exclusive, it's Queens Road West." Agreed as it sweeps up to Selwyn? Take your breath away. And Sara, "old money" Absolutely, Charlotte's elites have lived here for years... there are a number of great streets, love Foxcroft by SP too- but none quite as nice as Queens Rd West.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:21 AM

36 posts, read 44,675 times
Quote:
What are the most exclusive addresses in Charlotte?
This is where this thread got lost. Addresses is the key term in the OP's question. Ballantyne Country Club, Piper Glen, Myers Park and maybe even something in the Lake Norman area that I don't know about, are all Exclusive areas...

Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
This is where this thread got lost. Addresses is the key term in the OP's question. Ballantyne Country Club, Piper Glen, Myers Park and maybe even something in the Lake Norman area that I don't know about, are all Exclusive areas...

You are like a dog with a bone...
I believe it is widely acknowledged that the MOST exclusive addresses in Charlotte are IN Myers Parks.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-13-2007 at 01:00 PM..

Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM

245 posts, read 267,249 times
When I think of exclusive it's Myers Park Eastover hands down. There is nothing on the lake or S.Charlotte that compares. Simple really,

Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM

36 posts, read 44,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are like a dog with a bone...

I believe it is widely acknowledged that the MOST exclusive addresses in Charlotte are IN Myers Parks.
Addresses meaning plural. Myers Park isn't the only neighborhood with exclusive addresses. My God!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-13-2007 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Addresses meaning plural. Myers Park isn't the only neighborhood with exclusive addresses. My God!
Sekurit - I think in this particular situation one only needs to go and read what the original posters definition of an exclusive address is and what they seem to be looking for (see #25 on this thread...which I have copied below):

Because it helps in business situations. Generally, people from old money and long-time connections in the area live in the the most exclusive areas in the city. This generalization may not be true in every case but I experienced this tendency in the past.

lovesMountains already pointed out what the difference between an exclusive address and a "McMansion" address is and the characteristics stated above IMHO differentiate the people
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-13-2007 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: referrring post has been edited

Old 09-13-2007, 02:20 PM

245 posts, read 267,249 times
Sekurit,

Start another post and put a poll in it. You will see that the majority of the board will more than likely vote for Myers Park area.

It simply is what it is. Now with that being said it is still expensive as hell to live in the Piper Glen's and the lake communities such as the point etc.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,053 times
I should probably let this thread die a peaceful death, but DH had another thought. After Eastover (he ranked the area around Museum Drive first), then Myers Park, he ranks Seven Eagles - it's completely behind a gate, with large lots that line the Quail Hollow course.

The money is not as old as in Eastover and MP, but the proletariat aren't even allowed to see the fronts of the houses.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
I should probably let this thread die a peaceful death, but DH had another thought. After Eastover (he ranked the area around Museum Drive first), then Myers Park, he ranks Seven Eagles - it's completely behind a gate, with large lots that line the Quail Hollow course.

The money is not as old as in Eastover and MP, but the proletariat aren't even allowed to see the fronts of the houses.
How true!!!

Though from the fly over reports that are done of the golf course during the Wachovia Championships, those are some gorgeous houses!

I agree with letting the thread die now - the op's question has been asked and answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte