Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:52 PM

13 posts, read 35,132 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

There are about 16 or more houses for sale in Willowmere subdivision. One street actually has four. Is this a good or bad sign? Is there something I should know? I am looking to buy my first home.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 06:17 PM

373 posts, read 1,472,061 times
I don't really know. I hope it is a good sign since we are selling our home down the street from Willowmere in the Langston Subdivision. The homes in our neighborhood and the adjacent neighborhood (McKee Woods) have been selling pretty quickly, I would say in about 30 days. Our neighbor on the next street listed and sold in under 3 weeks.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:16 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,984,969 times
Maybe because of all the mortgage adjustments?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:21 PM

19 posts, read 82,127 times
I think Mike409 has a great point. Also, for some situations, the property may have now appreciated enough that the owners are able to take their equity and upgrade. I looked at buying into Willowmere about 1 1/2 years ago, and the prices have gone up quite a bit since then. Try looking at this website Real Estate Lookup. It's a public record for properties in Mecklenburg County. You can type in an address and find out all sorts of info. such as when the property was sold, bought, the purchase price, the taxes paid, lot size, etc. This will help you with an idea of the overall appreciation of an area. I chose to buy in a neighborhood close to Willowmere, and I really love living in this area-great schools in a very nice town. While my real estate agent took me wherever I wanted to look, he really zeroed in on what we needed, and he was right about Matthews being the perfect place for us.

Good luck with your house hunting!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 8,126 times
Default Willowmere

Willlowmere is a very large neighborhood so the number of houses is not unusual. There have been over 50 sales in the neighborhood since the first of the year and as of Sept 22 there are only 5 for sale and 5 pending contract. It would be one of many good places to look for a first home.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-22-2007 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: realtor advertising

Old 09-22-2007, 01:30 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface20 View Post
Hi all,

There are about 16 or more houses for sale in Willowmere subdivision. One street actually has four. Is this a good or bad sign? Is there something I should know? I am looking to buy my first home.

Thanks
Hmmm...there appears to be 3 active listings, 2 conditional (pending sales) and 4 which sold last month....check with your Realtor, area 4 is a hot area to buy right now and dom appears to be rather short.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 PM

241 posts, read 891,876 times
Okay, this is going to sound like the weirdest thing but we looked into Willowmere and actually decided against moving there. We talked to a renter who is living in one of the houses that we looked AFTER we had made our decision not to buy the house and he said we made a good decision against living there. Now, take this with a grain of salt if you like, but the word around the community is that there is an urban legend that it was built on a Native American burial ground because a few odd things have happened there - two of them were supposedly murders. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE SO DON'T QUOTE ME ON IT. One of them was about two kids playing in an empty house and something happened. Another was of a deal gone wrong type situation. Anyhow.

Willomere is right on the line of Providence and Butler district split. Seriously the community right across the way is Butler district. Butler isn't a bad school but I've heard that they are building a new school in Mint Hill which MAY OR MAY NOT push all of the districts over and then Butler will be meshing with some students from Independence and Willomere might get swallowed up by Butler. Once again, this is theory.

Pulte built the homes there and we were told that they were not built very well. Hopefully this helps. Like I said, take the Native American burial ground thing with a grain of salt, but that's just what a tenant told us. He is renting from a friend of his, so he has no reason to speak ill of the place to my knowledge.

North Carolina
Anonymous wrote:

Our house had many issues from day one. The wall in one room is bowed out. Pulte did nothing. Our sliding glass door leaked, Pulte did repair it. The carpeting and linoleum is so cheap we are going to have to replace it. The area by the sink was dented in, Pulte filled the hole but it is still can be seen.

I will never buy a Pulte home. I also recommend my friends not buy this company either.

Anonymous, Willowmere - Charlotte North Carolina
March 11, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven Kent wrote:

We sold the money pit in August and purchased a new home from a smaller, more reputable builder. This one is not a public corporation with stockholders to appease. I gave up on the prospect of Pulte honoring any of their sales rhetoric or promises. To sell the house we:

Replaced 600 board feet of rotten wood due to improper installation of drip edging.
Replaced the front entrance door due to improper installation by Pulte.
Replaced the basement doors with the correct, exterior type.
Replace 3 windows that fell out because they were not installed according to manufactures recommendations.
Rebuilt the bottom 1/3rd of the chimney that rotted out because the siding contractor used the wrong size drip edge.
Rebuilt the foundation rim board around the chimney because the siding contractor used the wrong size drip edge on the chimney.
Rebuilt one window with new mullions because the painting contractor did not prime the bare wood before applying the paint.
This is not normal were and tear on a 5 year old house. My alternative to spending the money and time to fix this Pulte Master Built home was to spend a ton more money trying to sue them and still having to wind up fixing their mistakes anyway. I just cut the losses and sold out. I keep the web site up to let prospective Pulte buyers to beware. I have received at least 3 emails from people thanking me and letting me know they did not purchase their Pulte home because of my web site. So indirectly I have cost Pulte at least $600K in lost sales. I win!

Steven Kent, Charlotte North Carolina
See Steve's web Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by damaranicole; 09-26-2007 at 05:11 PM..

Old 09-26-2007, 04:57 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,105 times
This is interesting...but I don't think it's all about Willowmere, correct? (As far as I know, they only built on slab in there) Also Annecy is not Willowmere.

I truly believe that every builder can have issues, which is why it's best to watch (or have an inspector watch) the building process carefully.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Okay, this is going to sound like the weirdest thing but we looked into Willowmere and actually decided against moving there. We talked to a renter who is living in one of the houses that we looked AFTER we had made our decision not to buy the house and he said we made a good decision against living there. Now, take this with a grain of salt if you like, but the word around the community is that there is an urban legend that it was built on a Native American burial ground because a few odd things have happened there - two of them were supposedly murders. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE SO DON'T QUOTE ME ON IT. One of them was about two kids playing in an empty house and something happened. Another was of a deal gone wrong type situation.

There is some truth to what you heard, though I do not believe the burial ground story has any credibility.

About 8, maybe 9, years ago a young boy was murdered in a house there under construction. His name was Justin and he was about 7 or 8 years old. He was playing with a group of older boys, one of whom apparently strangled him. Since that boy was a minor the facts of the case were not always shared with the media or the rest of the city. This older 14 year old was apparently a very troubled kid. Anyway, the builder at the time, not sure if it was Pulte, decided to tear down the home and make a park there in Justin's honor. One reason this story had such a creep factor, besides the obvious, is that it happened just a day or two before Halloween.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Forgot to say, the second murder was a domestic situation where an NFL Panther player, Fred Lane, was ambushed and shot to death by his wife. She is serving a prison sentence right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte