Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 05:56 PM

985 posts, read 1,900,771 times

Advertisements

I guess we are looking at a bath redo, and the tub shower combo we have is less than good. So, in looking at what to do with it we are considering making a nice sized shower, thoughts? We do have a tub in the master say to bath kids you could do it there (we did in our old house). So would you get rid of a tub and make a shower only or do you think resale eventually would drop[ way off...resale is years and then some away. But we think a shower only main bath upstairs would make the bath look more roomy at this point.

Thanks in advance for your insight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 06:05 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,911,742 times
With the exception of bath people (I'm not one of them btw)...
and the rather few times a year when a therapeutic or recreational soak is called for...
if the house has a tub available *somewhere* in it... that's good enough.

I wouldn't miss having a tub one single bit; anywhere in the house.
That said... my 2 bath remodel this spring will include a tub in the main hall bathroom.
I don't expect it t be used as a tub very much.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 PM

985 posts, read 1,900,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
With the exception of bath people (I'm not one of them btw)...
and the rather few times a year when a therapeutic or recreational soak is called for...
if the house has a tub available *somewhere* in it... that's good enough.

I wouldn't miss having a tub one single bit; anywhere in the house.
That said... my 2 bath remodel this spring will include a tub in the main hall bathroom.
I don't expect it t be used as a tub very much.
so then why will you leave the tub in yours? Just wondering

Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,190,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
so then why will you leave the tub in yours? Just wondering
resell value.

natch

Old 01-15-2012, 08:31 PM

812 posts, read 1,906,833 times
Is the bath in the master a jacuzzi or just normal sized tub? Our mbr has a jacuzzi and it is too deep to easily bathe kids in it. Our kids bedrooms are upstairs so I think it would have been a pain carrying everything up/downstairs and keeping all the kid related stuff in our bathroom would be annoying.

But if your neighborhood lends to the older crowd or childless/singles then I don't think it would ever be much of an issue.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:42 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,130,775 times
I think as long as there is a bathtub in the other room you are fine. We've actually considered getting rid of our corner tub and building an extra large shower as well. I would love it if I found a house that had exactly what I wanted like that!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:45 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,911,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
so then why will you leave the tub in yours?
Just wondering
resell and towmbo
but it isn't going to be (or need to be) in the Mster suite bathroom

Last edited by MrRational; 01-15-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 09:58 PM

403 posts, read 877,810 times
Not having a tub in the master bathroom would absolutely make that room look larger! Right now I have a tub in mine, and I don't care for it one bit....just haven't had the time to think of getting rid of it....but if I did...that tub would be the first thing to go.
I have had some dealings with Accent Glass on S. Blvd., and I know that they have done some beautiful showers. You would probably have to find yourself a good contractor....and a good tile person....who knows how to put in some straight tile....as AG will not even consider going in for final measurements, until the tile is in. They also do some great mirror work....and even have antique mirror for other projects that you might want to do. One thing I can tell you....if you have some mirrors there in your bathroom....don't get rid of them, as AG can cut them down for you..and save you quite a bit of money doing that!! Good Luck

Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,566 times
Probably not for the reason that kids need a tub to bath. Taking them to a master bathroom to get that done, especially on a different floor (just a guess), is not a solution.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,122 times
When looking at a house you should sit on all of the toilets and get in the tubs and showers to see if you fit or are unobstructed. Is it functional? Builders/howmeowners will put anything in that looks nice. I saw an elognated toilet in a small powder room that when I sat on it my legs where
under the pedistal sink! Ok I'm thinking, I can shave and pooooop at the same time. This could be really innovate the routine of S,S & Shave. Now we have S&S2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: