Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:20 AM

958 posts, read 1,724,534 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

I need to find a programmer in Charlotte who is willing to write some code at a major discount or for some equity in a dot com I want to start. It would be best to find a LAMP programmer. The website will be sports related.

I have tried a lot of diff. resources, but this is a pretty tall order and I realize this. I'm no idiot and I'm not wasting your time. Would love any suggestions you guys can give me and if you are a programmer feel free to DM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRugbyNo1 View Post
Hey Guys,

I need to find a programmer in Charlotte who is willing to write some code at a major discount or for some equity in a dot com I want to start. It would be best to find a LAMP programmer. The website will be sports related.

I have tried a lot of diff. resources, but this is a pretty tall order and I realize this. I'm no idiot and I'm not wasting your time. Would love any suggestions you guys can give me and if you are a programmer feel free to DM me.

You might check with CP to see who is in their IT department - or with UNC-Charlotte. Sometimes, you find the best resources at colleges and universities - folks who are willing to work on the side on other projects.

I can help with copy and website design but I have no background in programming. Are you sure you can't set up an infrastructure using WordPress and then customize?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You might check with CP to see who is in their IT department - or with UNC-Charlotte. Sometimes, you find the best resources at colleges and universities - folks who are willing to work on the side on other projects.

I can help with copy and website design but I have no background in programming. Are you sure you can't set up an infrastructure using WordPress and then customize?
I've contacted UNCC before and the professor I spoke to was very nice and willing to help. I don't know if they have the background. Yes, I'm sure you can't customize WP and use it for this website.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,714,446 times
Your best bet would be to get a student. Try posting here:
UNC Charlotte

or maybe craigslist. Not sure where else students might hangout online.

Finding someone to do free work for equity would be really hard I imagine. Professors are usually swamped by people trying to get them to work on stuff for free and thats not their job and they have lots of other pressures on them. They can get paid big bucks from companies to do consulting work for them so they don't often have the time or desire to spend their little amount of free time working for equity only.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,117 times
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Curious are you looking for a programmer purely to write the code for programming purposes and then have someone else design a website.

Or is it a case that they are building the website in the code?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Curious are you looking for a programmer purely to write the code for programming purposes and then have someone else design a website.

Or is it a case that they are building the website in the code?
I need someone to crank out the code based on the functionally of the website. Getting someone to design the templates for the website will be pretty easy.

Last edited by USCRugbyNo1; 01-24-2012 at 10:47 AM..

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,714,446 times
Also, be sure to have your developer sign a work for hire agreement. If not, they will personally own all the coding even if you pay them or give them equity.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
Your best bet would be to get a student. Try posting here:
UNC Charlotte

or maybe craigslist. Not sure where else students might hangout online.

Finding someone to do free work for equity would be really hard I imagine. Professors are usually swamped by people trying to get them to work on stuff for free and thats not their job and they have lots of other pressures on them. They can get paid big bucks from companies to do consulting work for them so they don't often have the time or desire to spend their little amount of free time working for equity only.
That website looks terrible in Chrome. I've never seen this website and will post something soon. Thanks for your help!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Hey Guys,

try odesk.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
try odesk.
I'm not outsourcing this to someone overseas or not in Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte