Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

I hate to sound like those who warned me about Charlotte growing but I saw something today that made me go hmmm.... interesting.

I hope I won't offend or violate any rules...

I had to drive my wife to the airport this morning. We were running late and happened to be behind a school bus on Monroe Rd. The bus stopped at an apartment complex, not a large one but a decent size. There had to be at least 40 kids in line to get on this bus all from the same complex.

I was 1)annoyed because we were running late.... 2)amazed at how many kids were the same age, in the same complex and how one stop filled up an entire school bus... and 3)frustrated by what looked like a deliberate attempt to flood the market.

How is it possible to have 40 kids all around the same age in an apartment complex so small? I've never seen a bus stop for children where the line to get on bus was longer then the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 08:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Population control... support gay marriage and vote NO to the stupid amendment this Spring.

Was those kids anchor babies (kids)?
How many units does this complex have and isnt there a limit on amount of occupancy.

40 kids that would fill up the bus, seems like they could pull in the complex parking lot. With that many of kids it would be safer too than have 40 kids along the street waiting for bus.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
I thought I was going to get a warning.

These appeared to be anchor babies but I'm not sure... I would like to think they are legal. Even if they are legal it looks like the war of immigration/language etc is being fought with babies... they are reproducing at a staggering rate.

The line for the kids went back into the complex so safety isn't an issue.

What does gay marriage have to do with this topic? Just asking..

Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,620 times
Without knowing the complex, there could be valid reasons:
- Homeless families that were moved in from shelter.
- Just happen by chance that there are lots of children in the community.
- Cheap rent that people can afford, creates an influx of families; especially if the complex offers three bedrooms.

I live in a large complex of 420 apartments and many children live here, for the neighborhood and great area schools. You will see the same thing, as the bus pull in on hwy 51 and stop at Providence Court. The bus does not turn into the complex; it literally stops traffic, but what can one do.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
I think neighborhoods including apartment complexes seem to have kids around the same age in a cluster at least. Families at the same stage of development tend to look for others like themselves. This can also be about money where at certain points of our lives we live in apartments then starter homes etc.

Kids also develop at different rates and it can be hard to judge 9th graders for instance who can be 4' 7" or 6'.

If that was an elementary school bus it covered 6 years worth of kids. Something else to consider.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I hate to sound like those who warned me about Charlotte growing but I saw something today that made me go hmmm.... interesting.

I hope I won't offend or violate any rules...

I'M OFFENDED!! .....(wait, what was I supposed to be offended about?)

God forbid you offend someone by exercising your right to free speech....(wait, I might offend someone if I say "God")

Crap....

Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
I'M OFFENDED!! .....(wait, what was I supposed to be offended about?)

God forbid you offend someone by exercising your right to free speech....(wait, I might offend someone if I say "God")

Crap....
There's no right to free speech on a non-government ran message board

Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I thought I was going to get a warning.

These appeared to be anchor babies but I'm not sure... I would like to think they are legal. Even if they are legal it looks like the war of immigration/language etc is being fought with babies... they are reproducing at a staggering rate.

The line for the kids went back into the complex so safety isn't an issue.

What does gay marriage have to do with this topic? Just asking..
Anchor babies are legal by being born in this country. That is where the term came from, where the parents may not.
Since you pointed out its a small complex, I always thought complexes had a limit of occupiers of each unit.

I feel your pain and think when a bus has more than 10 kids entering/exiting a bus it should be done in parking lot or side street.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
There's no right to free speech on a non-government ran message board

And THAT my friends........ is part of the problem.

Everyone is so so worried that they might offend someone that they don't dare say something even if it's true.

Tell me, if the truth is politically incorrect, does that mean it's not true?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
And THAT my friends........ is part of the problem.

Everyone is so so worried that they might offend someone that they don't dare say something even if it's true.

Tell me, if the truth is politically incorrect, does that mean it's not true?
Well it turns into a property issue. But, in general, screw PC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte