U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 08:21 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,298,128 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information or experience about either the Badin Shores community or Badin Lake itself? We are looking for a lot we can put our camper on. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,859,472 times
That is a resort community , golf course , and a beach. There are no areas for camper placement there. There is the Whip O Will Campground , which is a short drive away , and you can place campers there , I don't know what their fees are , but you can look them up and find out , or I'll come back with the number. They have 64 RV spaces with a 33' max. The rate is $1800 yearly. The number is 336.461.2121. Visit www.whipowillcampground.com for more info.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,920,434 times
I have friends who have a lake home at Badin Lake. I have never been there to the house but have seen photos - it is really nice. They love it there (second home). So my bit of knowledge is that the community is a good one. I am hoping someone else w/ better knowledge will post, SSD.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
That is a resort community , golf course , and a beach. There are no areas for camper placement there. There is the Whip O Will Campground , which is a short drive away , and you can place campers there , I don't know what their fees yare , but you can look them up and find out , or I'll come back with the number. They have 64 RV spaces with a 33' max. The rate is $1800 yearly. The number is 336.461.2121. Visit www.whipowillcampground.com for more info.
Actually Badin Shores is a community of deeded rv lots, over 1,000 of them. It is a very nice resort type of community. We went and toured it last weekend. I was just curious if anyone knew anything about it (the good, the bad and the ugly)
Thank you for responding though and thank you for the whipowill campground info!

Old 01-27-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have friends who have a lake home at Badin Lake. I have never been there to the house but have seen photos - it is really nice. They love it there (second home). So my bit of knowledge is that the community is a good one. I am hoping someone else w/ better knowledge will post, SSD.
Thank you Ani, Hopefully someone who has experience/knowledge with the Community and the lake will respond. I found some information about the lake that has me concerned. There was a factory that leaked or poured aluminum into the lake. I am wondering how big of a problem it is and also if Badin Shores is as nice as it looks.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,416,779 times
My opinion about the problem that has been highly public with the Alcoa and the aluminum in the lake--well in reality the lake is a river--and so it runs downstream so if it were as much as they try to let us believe it would have effected all the lakes downstream such as Falls, Tillery etc--and it hasn't! I don't doubt that Alcoa has caused it's share of problems to Badin but I also think much of this is about politics and trying to get what the city wants from Alcoa. Just my opinion.....We don't live on Badin shores but live 2 miles from Badin lake boat access and it is a nice lake.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,974 times
My wife and I are thinking about moving to NC and are looking for a lake home. We have two young children and we're curious about badin and tillery lakes. Is it in the middle of nowhere? How far is food shopping.... We were looking at lake Norman and Wylie but have heard mixed reviews about both because of the nuclear plants on both lakes. If anyone has any info on the area it would be much appreciated.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,401,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk413 View Post
My wife and I are thinking about moving to NC and are looking for a lake home. We have two young children and we're curious about badin and tillery lakes. Is it in the middle of nowhere? How far is food shopping.... We were looking at lake Norman and Wylie but have heard mixed reviews about both because of the nuclear plants on both lakes. If anyone has any info on the area it would be much appreciated.
Badin Lake and Lake Tillery are rural but small town shopping is nearby. For Badin closest small town is Rockwell within 30 minutes and Salisbury with a slew of chain sit down restaurants and familiar brands of clothing stores and theaters.
Best part is minimal to no traffic and likely to get a better deal on a lakefront home with its own pier.
For entertainment for little ones I recommend Dan Nicholas Park, Spenscer Transportation Museum.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,974 times
Thanks for the info. We are just unsure on how rural we want to be. Hopefully taking a trip there this spring/summer

Old 02-23-2014, 08:04 AM

2,147 posts, read 3,652,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Thank you Ani, Hopefully someone who has experience/knowledge with the Community and the lake will respond. I found some information about the lake that has me concerned. There was a factory that leaked or poured aluminum into the lake. I am wondering how big of a problem it is and also if Badin Shores is as nice as it looks.
It wasn't aluminum that leaked into lake, that would be like letting a bomb off. Alcoa leaked PCBs, cyanide, and fluoride into Yadkin River and Badin Lake. These hazardous materials have all been detected in both river & lake..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or