Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 PM

8 posts, read 13,163 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are in the process of relocating to Charlotte. My husband just started his job last week there, while my son and I are home in Illinois packing/getting ready to relocate.

We spent last week, looking at tons of homes in Fort Mill, Charlotte, Waxhaw, Indian Trail, Matthews etc, We want to rent for the first year or two while we get to know the areas before purchasing a home. We have a 4 1/2 year old that will be starting kindergarten this fall.

Rental homes seem to be limited, and go pretty quick! Right now we are considering a home in The Palisades community. I have found some info. on here from 2008/2009, not a lot that is new.

The schools seem to not be rated that high, and I have read some info. about home break-ins increasing in the area(again these were posts from 2008/2009.

Any thoughts/opinions about this area would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,540,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
This may help you it's up to date as far as homes go.

Charlotte Homes for Sale | Shea Homes

And I live near that area and home break-in's aren't a problem. You'll love the neighborhood poeple are very friendly!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,381,773 times
I've been to Palisades to play tennis and work the Pro tournament that they had yearly at the Country Club. I haven't been there since 2010 and it was a beautiful neighborhood, had some nice homes and had a wide range of price points for homes. I think it is a little victim of the housing collapse, they had higher rate of foreclosures in this neighborhood. I understand the HOA was underwater in 2010 and the CC which is separate to the neighborhood was having financial problems, not sure where they stand now. Turns out that the CC owed $500k to the Inside and Out Sports company that organized the Pro tennis tiournament up until 2010. Here are some past links about Palisades
Money troubles may cancel Palisades tennis tournament | WCNC.com Charlotte

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...rustrated.html

Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,117,615 times
I have several friends in that neighborhood and they are all very happy. There are still plenty of homes being built. I don't know anything about the school - can you tell us which one they are zoned for?

Also think renting to get a feel of the city is the smartest thing you can do.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:32 PM

8 posts, read 13,163 times
Thanks for everyone's input thus far!

Coastalgirl~ the elementary school would be Winget Elementary School.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,974 times
Not sure where you are in your search. I live in the Palisades and it is wonderful. The HOA is strong, the common areas maintained and in the year + I have lived here there have been NO breakins. It is very safe, lots of young children. You would have the option of sending your child to the private school in the neighborhood (the Episcopal school). Many young families love it here. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte