Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times

Advertisements

DVR and Roku ROCK!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:16 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
We DVR so much that when we watch live tv, my wife ALWAYS hollers at me to "FF through the commercials."

Who in the world buys crap off commercials. Everyone seems to hate them.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:39 AM

373 posts, read 778,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
The worst one is:
"We treat you like family because we ARE family."
Sadly, I don't even know which dealer it is so clearly their barrage of ads aren't working. Why do I care if you're family? Do I really think you're going to treat me like one of your own? Would I want you to?
Well, I don't know about family, but I think Rev Rob from Apple Auto Sales had more credibility than a handful of preachers in this city.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
"Tom Park here for....." Anyone see those commercials. Hes in local toyota ads. Well, if anyone is from Buffalo, NY, you will recognize him from the Billy Fucillo commercials. I was intrigued, and looked him up, and found this!

Welcome to Tom Park Productions

Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
I can't stand that lady who says...(and I'm joking w/this one....)

"The north pole is only 6000 miles from the Honda of Concord Superstore..."

She is on ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the guy and girl who uses Spuds McKenzie on the hood of the car for I think Toyota? commercials...

Lastly, Randy Marion is awful too....the mother who shamelessly uses her daughter as a prop for those commercials.....sheesh!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:53 PM

119 posts, read 247,391 times
The Planet Suzuki ads are the worst. They make me not want to own a Suzuki more than any other car. I wouldn't want to be associated with the crap they put on television. The "Suzuki Effect" for me is that I don't want to buy one after seeing that ad.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:02 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
The simple fact that we talk about them, in marketing world means:
"it's working = have customers talk anything about you, better than no talk at all"

Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Had I seen the Scott McCorkle ads for Liberty first, I may not have bought my Terrain there! But then the puppets for Griffin are extremely stupid as well. But that would have left me with Folger where I was treated as "the little lady" and when I arrived was asked where my husband was!!! And those were pretty much as far as I was willing to travel for a car.

Could be worse though, we could be subjected to the ridiculous amounts and quality of Fuccillo car ads that daughter has in NY.

Ads don't cause me to necessarily buy from someone, but they sure as heck can cause me NOT to buy from someone. And the JCP ones are pushing me that way!! Price and service are what "drive" me.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:44 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
We DVR so much that when we watch live tv, my wife ALWAYS hollers at me to "FF through the commercials."

Who in the world buys crap off commercials. Everyone seems to hate them.
Ha, we do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
The simple fact that we talk about them, in marketing world means:
"it's working = have customers talk anything about you, better than no talk at all"
That's what I've always heard and they must work on some level. But for me, I am rarely influenced to buy something via a commercial that I am aware of. That stupid Domino's one got me to try their pizza. It still sucks.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:10 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I can't stand that lady who says...(and I'm joking w/this one....)

"The north pole is only 6000 miles from the Honda of Concord Superstore..."

She is on ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the guy and girl who uses Spuds McKenzie on the hood of the car for I think Toyota? commercials...

Lastly, Randy Marion is awful too....the mother who shamelessly uses her daughter as a prop for those commercials.....sheesh!
I detest these commercials, too! My all time WORST is the Value Village Furniture one where a man and woman preform faux nausea and almost vomit..,through the whole commercial. WHO, in advertising thought that would get people into the stores to buy furniture?? I'd not buy a thing from them and I absolutely write to these companies and tell them that.
As for the Marion Dynasty...that Mom who pimps her and her brother's kids is one smart cookie! Those kids have to get PAID to do those commercials and they have their college and who knows what else paid in full by doing them. I learned that on C/D years ago on a similar thread. I'm MORE annoyed at her trying to look as young as the daughter and in doing so just looks ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte