U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM

795 posts, read 809,587 times
Default The Norovirus is floating around the Charlotte area

Thursday night I was attacked by the Norovirus and Monday night it came back around to finish me off. My first round with the virus was bad but the second round was a lot worse. I've never had stomach pain like that my entire life. I'm pretty sure it was either the Arby's in Monroe or the McDonald's in Indian Trail that infected me. They were the only places I ate at the days I became sick. Please be careful about where you eat. This virus is very nasty. If you do catch the virus then please stay at home so you don't infect others.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 02:26 PM

415 posts, read 363,506 times
It doesn't have to be from just food. The virus can live on environmental surfaces for quite some time.

I have had it twice last year and it is no picnic. Lost about 5 lbs each time because food would just run through the digestive tract like and express train.

Several people told me about the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) and once I ate that exclusively, the symptoms subsided within two days. Also drank a lot of water but I do that all the time anyway.

I don't wish this virus on anyone. If you enjoy spending lots of time time in the room with with porcelain furniture, this is the virus for you.

Make sure you have lots of reading material.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Status: " Love is Freedom, Love is Equal, Love Conquers Hate" (set 7 days ago)

21,913 posts, read 38,819,410 times
I have been hearing about a stomach virus going around.
I hope your well soon.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,273,381 times
I hope you're well soon!

Unfortunately, unless someone does not leave the house and has no contact with outside works, it is almost impossible to be protected against it...

Old 02-01-2012, 07:00 PM

340 posts, read 447,090 times
This freaks me out because I do takeout every day for lunch Uptown and usually for dinner on the way home. My secretary was out sick with it today. Not to mention having to touch all those door handles in a building where hundreds if not thousands of people work.

I don't like my chances.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 PM

9,149 posts, read 4,938,914 times
It's here too ... fortunately we haven't been attacked yet. My daughter was called in to work the third shift as they had three out sick with the virus. She said a few elderly people showed up in the ER dehydrated from the virus.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:22 AM

281 posts, read 494,195 times
It must be going around like crazy - had it a few years back and we were so sick we had to call the pizza delivery people to bring us 2 liter bottles of Coke (why is it that tastes so good when you've been sick like that - normally wouldn't drink it on a bet!) Interesting that you continue being contagious after symptoms are gone...that's how we got it - from folks who thought they were over it and brought food to a party...ugh! Article from the CO:
How to handle stomach virus outbreak | MomsCharlotte.com

Stay well, everyone...

Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 AM

773 posts, read 640,744 times
Keep plenty of hand cleaner available at all times and use it. Door knobs, door handles, elevator buttons, hand rails, counters at restaurants, and other places harbor nasty little creatures. One of the worst places to find germs - your steering wheel. It's a breeding ground. And, avoid large crowds if possible and COVER by sneezing and coughing into your arm (elbow). A sneeze projects droplets of nasty stuff at 150 mph. Glad my job no longer requires me to fly on any air carrier. Then, I don't have a job, so it's moot. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte