U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Status: "Charlotte Checkers Calder Cup Champions!" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Planet Earth
7,202 posts, read 8,217,788 times
Reputation: 4889

Advertisements

Charlotte Observer is reporting the Bobcats are seriously interested in J.J. Hickson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2012, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
153 posts, read 164,686 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Charlotte Observer is reporting the Bobcats are seriously interested in J.J. Hickson.
I assume that'd be why they passed on T-Rob .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
2,144 posts, read 2,614,395 times
Reputation: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It's an ankle sprain... but I'm sure NO is sweating bullets right now.

I heard an interview on The Fan with MKG...

I'm pretty sure we didn't draft him for his speaking skills.

I drove from University to Sharon Amity and Independence on WT Harris (with lights and rush hour traffic) while listening to him say Uhhhh... uhhhh.... uhhh..... *host says something to fill the dead air* .... Uhhhh.... Uhhhhh....Uhhhhhhhhhh... "Yes" ....Uhhhhhh, Uhhhhhhh, Uhhhh... the whole freaking way home!

I know he is only 18 but he sounded like he was a "special" and not in a good way. He made the Spinks brothers sound like scholars with that interview.


He must have been a double major at UK... basket weaving and silent auctions.
If he'd only gone to UNC he'd graduated with honors in Swahili in one year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2012, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
2,144 posts, read 2,614,395 times
Reputation: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Charlotte Observer is reporting the Bobcats are seriously interested in J.J. Hickson.
Unfortunately I don't think the feeling is mutual. I'm betting he ends up a Warrior. Would LOVE to have him in Charlotte but just don't see it happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Crown Town
2,742 posts, read 5,986,999 times
Reputation: 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It's an ankle sprain... but I'm sure NO is sweating bullets right now.

I heard an interview on The Fan with MKG...

I'm pretty sure we didn't draft him for his speaking skills.

I drove from University to Sharon Amity and Independence on WT Harris (with lights and rush hour traffic) while listening to him say Uhhhh... uhhhh.... uhhh..... *host says something to fill the dead air* .... Uhhhh.... Uhhhhh....Uhhhhhhhhhh... "Yes" ....Uhhhhhh, Uhhhhhhh, Uhhhh... the whole freaking way home!

I know he is only 18 but he sounded like he was a "special" and not in a good way. He made the Spinks brothers sound like scholars with that interview.


He must have been a double major at UK... basket weaving and silent auctions.
Yeah, i heard that too. I don't know what to make of it. They said he has a "speech problem" in the Observer, but then other folks on 610 said he just gets real nervous. To me it can't be both. So I don't know what to believe. Kentucky did a great job of hiding that last year. But the hosts on 610 made a great point.......Jordan sounded the same way when he first came out of school and he was older than 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,940,662 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It's an ankle sprain... but I'm sure NO is sweating bullets right now.

I heard an interview on The Fan with MKG...

I'm pretty sure we didn't draft him for his speaking skills.

I drove from University to Sharon Amity and Independence on WT Harris (with lights and rush hour traffic) while listening to him say Uhhhh... uhhhh.... uhhh..... *host says something to fill the dead air* .... Uhhhh.... Uhhhhh....Uhhhhhhhhhh... "Yes" ....Uhhhhhh, Uhhhhhhh, Uhhhh... the whole freaking way home!

I know he is only 18 but he sounded like he was a "special" and not in a good way. He made the Spinks brothers sound like scholars with that interview.

He must have been a double major at UK... basket weaving and silent auctions.
It is the Calipari way. Draft the guys that can play ball but can't read. We will figure a way to give a passing grade somewhere... Come on NCAA bring down the banhammer on him.

Double major... wouldn't that require him to attend class first to achieve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,723 posts, read 9,351,910 times
Reputation: 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Yeah, i heard that too. I don't know what to make of it. They said he has a "speech problem" in the Observer, but then other folks on 610 said he just gets real nervous. To me it can't be both. So I don't know what to believe. Kentucky did a great job of hiding that last year. But the hosts on 610 made a great point.......Jordan sounded the same way when he first came out of school and he was older than 18.
I hope its nerves or age because it was really bad if we have a game changer who can't do interviews. I'm still cringing over those uhhhs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
181 posts, read 301,405 times
Reputation: 206
give the kid a break. he has some speaking problems, and is aware of it. Bill Walton used to stutter like hell and now he's a broadcaster. MKG seems like a good kid. this article is worth a read....

Mother’s love speaks volumes for Charlotte Bobcats’ draft pick Michael Kidd-Gilchrist | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,723 posts, read 9,351,910 times
Reputation: 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
give the kid a break. he has some speaking problems, and is aware of it. Bill Walton used to stutter like hell and now he's a broadcaster. MKG seems like a good kid. this article is worth a read....

Mother’s love speaks volumes for Charlotte Bobcats’ draft pick Michael Kidd-Gilchrist | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

If he has speaking problems the team and his agent should make sure his interviews are conducted in a way that limits this issue.

I'm sorry but the interview was painful to listen to...if he has speaking problems radio is the last thing this kid should be doing right now.

Great story and it's good to hear he has a speech therapist. I wonder if this is why was late or didn't show to a combine draft day on time even though he was in town. I still think it was a bad idea to put him on radio though... I know the fans want to hear what he has to say but given the situation I don't think we wanted to hear an interview like we heard the other day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
2,144 posts, read 2,614,395 times
Reputation: 1665
Personally for me, players talk too much as it is and need to do more playing instead. I don't care if he ever does another interview as long as he's helping us win games. It'd be fine if he was a great speaker but no one is showing up at Time Warner arena to hear him read bedtime stories! Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top