U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 PM

467 posts, read 859,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Here's one for ya....lol...Was on the phone with Customer Service regarding my job. The Customer Service Agent was located in Seattle, WA. She noticed I was calling from Charlotte, NC. She poses this question...."Charlotte", "What big city is that near? All I could do was shake my head.... And when I was in Phoenix over the Labor Day Holiday last year, was in Walgreen buying up souveniers. The cashier asked where was I from and I said Charlotte. He had no clue where that was.... I had to mention the Charlotte Bobcats so that he could equate where it was. UNREAL!
I've had friends ask to come crash with me in Charlotte so that they could hang out at Folly Beach. Once I took a holiday with my wife in Charleston, SC and had some relatives ask me why I was staying at home for vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 PM

346 posts, read 548,915 times
One way FROM ATL to Charlotte for me.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:35 AM

3,452 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I had a female friend who asked if she could drive to Virginia to see me.

She thought it was an 8 hour drive

This new facebook/twitter age has produced a culture of idiots who only study themselves and other celebs...

I bet half of Americans couldn't point out the North Carolina on a map.
More than half and that ignorance applies for most states except maybe the obvious ones due to their shape or size (Texas, Florida, etc).

Old 02-10-2012, 12:27 PM

526 posts, read 829,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapeach69 View Post
One way FROM ATL to Charlotte for me.
I can't wait for my ONE WAY from MA to Charlotte. I am sick and tired of this cold weather

Old 02-10-2012, 01:25 PM

11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I can't wait for my ONE WAY from MA to Charlotte. I am sick and tired of this cold weather
It's going to be in the 40's this weekend in Charlotte...

I'm freezing...

Old 02-10-2012, 01:45 PM

18 posts, read 35,424 times
One way from Tallahassee for me & my family.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:06 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,698,581 times
It's a crying shame they only pay writers of these type of articles $100. Sign of the times....prolly less than min. wage.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:13 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,202,731 times
They have to put NC in front of a lot cities in the Carolina's....Believe it or not, a lot of people outside of the Southeast get the cities hella mixed up of which state it's actually in if it's not Charleston or Myrtle Beach....But hell, it's all the same to them I'm sure....Never been to North or South Dakota, but too me (I know there are prob differences), they are the same damn thing. LOL

Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 AM

61 posts, read 129,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
The top 10 are Atlanta, Phoenix, Orlando, Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Houston, Denver, Seattle, Sarasota and Charlotte, N.C. Sarasota is by far the smallest city on the list.

Love that Charlotte is so small they need the ",N.C". on this list
One reason they might have done this, is because the article is from the Sarasota newspaper. The county to the south of Sarasota County is is called Charlotte County. And one of the larger towns there is called Port Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or