Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2007, 08:04 AM

64 posts, read 578,498 times

Advertisements

My husband and I found some really nice new homes in the Christenbury community when we visited Charlotte last weekend. We have no children as yet but are hoping to start a family soon.

Does anyone have any information about it or can you suggest other communities to look at as well?

Also, I havent come accross much information M/I Homes. Does anyone have any experience with them? Good or Bad?

Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Great builder from my experience. Every aspect from the quality, details, customer service, and warranty/repair follow up.

They have several other communities as well.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,219 times
I just moved into my MI home last week. Its a nice home but after moving in you can tell where the workers really didn't put in their best effort into making things as nice as they could have.

The structure and everything seems solid and the fixtures and such are very nice. I have 3 fairly significant warranty issues so far so we'll see how they handle them.

Its alot nicer than most of the builders I've seen down here but its the fact that it doesn't take a whole lot more effort to not have the careless errors from the workers being rushed or not caring that peeves me a bit.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
I have an M/I home couple of warranty issues after living in for 3 months, nothing that would stop me from recommending them.

I was impressed when the home was being built I noticed some issues by the time off the pre-drywall inspection, all my issues had been corrected without me having to mention them.

Last edited by flyingscotsman; 09-05-2007 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 09-05-2007, 12:11 PM

245 posts, read 267,249 times
Christenbury in Concord. Nice community. Bigger lots than most newer neighborhoods in the area. I believe there are two builders in that neighborhood. Min's to I-85 mall etc. OVer all a good location. My only concern would be the traffic that will be coming to the main road there once more neighborhoods are built etc.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM

240 posts, read 1,033,135 times
I think that the M/I lots in that community are pretty small though... maybe 60 feet wide? There also looks to be some large industrial-type building directly behind the M/I section. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but you might want to investigate for potential noise issues.

I'd also check out the Dominion section of Highland Creek, which is about 2 minutes down the road from Christenbury. You can probably build a Shea or St. Lawrence home for a similar price as the M/I homes in Christenbury, and you'd get great amenities in Highland Creek as well as a little more land. You could also check out Parkside at Skybrook North, which is a new section of Ryan single family homes just north of the main section of Skybrook (off Huntersville Concord Rd, near Harris Rd). Finally, Ryland is building a community just off Poplar Tent and Harris Rd which I think is called Cabarrus Crossing. They have some nice floorplans, decent sized lots, and are priced either similar to or lower than M/I at Christenbury. The Christenbury community definitely seems like it'll be nicer over all than the Ryland community though.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 AM

64 posts, read 578,498 times
Christenbury had also some Inventory homes that they were offering a great deal on. But the lot size was pretty small.

For the most part though, we havent found that many lots that are larger than 0.25 acres.

Are there other builders offering larger lots?

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:40 AM

245 posts, read 267,249 times
No they are all pretty standard unless you buy an acre or two. The bigger lots are by the pool that backs up to the farm house property. I only have looked at those properties so I guess as you go into the neighborhood they become the norm. Still its a decent community.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 PM

549 posts, read 2,384,087 times
Simonini is also building in Christenbury. Their costum homes are in bigger lots and start around the 570's to high 900s. According to their sales representative, Lynn W, Christenbury's lots range anywhere from 1/3 to nearly over a 1/2 an acre. Also for those who love their basements, they offer unfishined basements on all lots, ranging in pricing from 55k to 80k depending on the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte