Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 08:40 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,688,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Yeah we have much more class than the "dirty souf" ghetto called Atlanta. Let them pretend they are relevant by having a joke like this on TV.

I in now way said I liked it and you know damn good and well it has nothing to do with a city. All I am saying is the Atlanta ratings have been off the chart since it came on and that is fact. Charlotte is too close and similar, although Atlanta is much more well known. What could they do different in Charlotte>?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 11:18 AM

149 posts, read 231,244 times
I was told Charlotte was not a 'show off' city like Atlanta, Dallas, and places like OC.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,578,966 times
pure garbage.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:42 PM

554 posts, read 1,500,395 times
everytime i click on a thread i see the same people trashing charlotte...i'm sorry but do you have nothing better to do than stay on city-data and trash the place rather than get off your butt and really check out the city? I've been to the "best" cities in the US and I am still amazed at Charlotte's beauty. I think it's pretty ignorant to say that this isn't a "show off" city. It's gorgeous...every place has their "ghetto spots", every place has their "show off spots"....

AND i have to mention that i just about wet myself from laughing so hard over "atlanta dominates real housewives"....i think that its pretty much unanimous that atlanta's season is the WORST! you should check out the ratings, i seriously can say i dont know one person who watches atlanta....orange county, nyc, beverly hills, and jersey are all much MUCH better...its about the people and drama much more than if the city is a "show off" city...come on, seriously? you think jersey has much to "show off"....HA! the small section of jersey of franklin heights is nice but is by no means more beautiful than charlotte...same goes with the rest of the cities....

Old 02-18-2012, 01:56 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,113,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
what part of charlotte do you live in? you may be thinking of hickory or mooresville...but here in south charlotte - i never hear about NASCAR.... never see pink flamingos...red wood decks? really? i refuse to even comment....cheesy tats?!
You won't see it in Hickory or Mooresville, either.

There are no more "trashy types" in this region than in every area of the country. And I agree with you about what you said about all the other "housewives" shows . . . it has not a thing to do with where they live - it is the drama that goes on that keeps their fans watching, not the city they live in.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 PM

8,772 posts, read 10,175,047 times
No big loss. Let other cities have that crap instead.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I'm glad. Charlotte shouldn't be associated with this trash.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:57 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,787,132 times
Fortunately for Atlanta, the "Real Housewives" don't define the city, and most intelligent people know this. If you've watched the post-show "Talk Back Live" episodes you know Andy Cohen sits down with cast members and makes fun of them! It's over-the-top comedy and a parody. It's the highest rated show on BRAVO and those women have taken it to the bank. Except for a NASCAR connection, i can think of nothing unique or special about Charlotte that would warrant a RH franchise.

Another thing, "RHOA" is just one of many TV series that are filmed in Atlanta and represent the city, most notably AMC's "The Walking Dead" -- THE HIGHEST RATED SHOW ON CABLE TELEVISION. So you see, "RHOA" means far less overall to Atlanta's brand than what a similar franchise would do for Charlotte, and for you guys that's probably a good thing. But you still got LJZARD LICK TOWING!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:16 PM

744 posts, read 1,306,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Fortunately for Atlanta, the "Real Housewives" don't define the city, and most intelligent people know this. If you've watched the post-show "Talk Back Live" episodes you know Andy Cohen sits down with cast members and makes fun of them! It's over-the-top comedy and a parody. It's the highest rated show on BRAVO and those women have taken it to the bank. Except for a NASCAR connection, i can think of nothing unique or special about Charlotte that would warrant a RH franchise.

Another thing, "RHOA" is just one of many TV series that are filmed in Atlanta and represent the city, most notably AMC's "The Walking Dead" -- THE HIGHEST RATED SHOW ON CABLE TELEVISION. So you see, "RHOA" means far less overall to Atlanta's brand than what a similar franchise would do for Charlotte, and for you guys that's probably a good thing. But you still got LJZARD LICK TOWING!
That is in the eastern part of the state, nowhere near Charlotte.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 PM

22 posts, read 44,808 times
I agree, I have watched about 5 minutes of RHOA and am bored silly.
And who really wants our city portrayed by that trashy show? I'd hate to think of a reality tv show speaking for the town I live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte