Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times

Advertisements

I remembered this little gem today! Best burger around.
And they have crushed ice!

The BrightStar Grill - Our customers say... "The Best Burger in Town!" (http://www.letseat.at/brightstargrill - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
Savor Cafe on Morehead. I always get the shrimp & grits. Yum!!

Savor on Morehead

Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times
Miguel's off Little Rock Road. Nothing fancy, but good Mexican food.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,066 times
I'll have to try that one out, coped. That reminds me, I have recently become an addict of Maria's Mexican restaurant on South Blvd! Wow this place is great. Real, authentic Mexican food, with a hole-in-the-wall atmosphere. Awesome service, and the taquitos Maria will blow your mind...and that's coming from someone who is a Mexican food connoisseur, trust me. Joint is on South Blvd, north of Tyvola, on the west side of South Blvd. The only way to get in is going south, turn right into the parking lot. Look for the palm tree out front of the Caribbean restaurant next door.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
I'll have to try that one out, coped. That reminds me, I have recently become an addict of Maria's Mexican restaurant on South Blvd! Wow this place is great. Real, authentic Mexican food, with a hole-in-the-wall atmosphere. Awesome service, and the taquitos Maria will blow your mind...and that's coming from someone who is a Mexican food connoisseur, trust me. Joint is on South Blvd, north of Tyvola, on the west side of South Blvd. The only way to get in is going south, turn right into the parking lot. Look for the palm tree out front of the Caribbean restaurant next door.
Putting it on my list - thanks for the great directions

Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
There is the Fat Back Queen off Central Ave. near downtown.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,710 times
I can't believe nobody mentioned Bad Daddy's Burger yet: Bad Daddy's Burger Bar - Huntersville, NC

Also, La Unica (La Unica - Huntersville, NC) is a great place for Mexican - incredible home made salsa!!

Both places have multiple locations now.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romayer View Post
I can't believe nobody mentioned Bad Daddy's Burger yet: Bad Daddy's Burger Bar - Huntersville, NC

Also, La Unica (La Unica - Huntersville, NC) is a great place for Mexican - incredible home made salsa!!

Both places have multiple locations now.
Yep. There's a Bad Daddy's in Dilworth as well. Good, huge burgers.

Brooks Sandwich house on Charles Street in Noda is nice too.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
If you're going to drive all the way to Columbia, SC and back, take the same ride to Asheville &/or Hendersonville. Their weather is nice, and I've always found something fun to do on most weeknds in either one. If you like, gem mining is a fun thing to do in that area and who knows, you just might find a nice sapphire.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:59 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
We like Bridges Barbecue in Shelby on Highway 74.

Has anybody mentioned the antique town of Waxhaw to you. Drive down N. C. Highway 16 until it ends and you are there.

Also you mentioned a hardware store. We found one near the railroad tracks in Matthews. Whole town of Matthews would not be bad.

My husband and I enjoyed a visit to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte's garden. I am planning to go back.

Gem is a pretty big order. One thing we found that I don't think is visited often is the place where the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence was signed. It was out in the middle of nowhere. I would have to find directions again to get there but I am sure if you went to the library or asked at some tourist location someone would have directions. There was not much there but a walking trail taking one down to the spot where it is said to have been signed. The date this declaration was signed is one of dates on the N. C. flag or seal or maybe both. Sorry, I am getting old. Our children really enjoyed visiting this place of rare history that so few people have seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte