U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,811 times

Advertisements

I am in the early stages of pregnancy and looking for an ob/gyn that specializes in high risk pregnancies and has a sense of humor, good bedside manner and is easy to talk to. I am currently a patient of Dr. Sarah Morris and she is a good match, as far as bedside manner goes, but I don't know anything about her outside of routine gyn visits. Anyone have any experiences (with Morris) they would like to share?

Preference for location is in the South Charlotte or Steele Creek area & I prefer female doctors. Would you recommend your OB/GYN or do you have any recommendations? I am interested in hearing your experiences!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,337,631 times
Love Eastover OB, they have offices in the arboretum area and uptown. Dr. Taylor is awesome, definatly a sense of humor, great bedside manor, we didn't have a high risk pregnancy, but had some small issues one baby #3 was born and he was great...but he is a he. I do like all of the other MD's in the practice too though.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:55 AM

162 posts, read 350,728 times
Charlotte OB.- Dr. Gourley. My wife has been using them for 12+ years. All 3 of our children delivered by them. Great bedside manners, down-to-earth, VERY knowledeable and helpful.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:03 PM

777 posts, read 2,272,478 times
Dr Morris is who delivered our daughter via c-section. Not exactly high risk but my wife has all kinds of autoimmune things going on, was borderline gestional diabetes, and kiddo was breach. My wife never came home from an appointment w/o her questions asked and fears calmed. She loves Dr Morris and from the time I spent with her in the hospital/OR (and occasionally outside of work), she has a GREAT sense of humor. My wife has been a patient of Dr Morris for probably 8 years now.
Good luck!

Old 02-22-2012, 06:45 PM

364 posts, read 1,042,489 times
I thought Dr. Morris does work with high risk pregnancy? If not, I know many people that use her (and I also go the same office with a different Dr.) and LOVE her!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,883 times
Rankin womens center has locations on 4th street, in Ballantyne, and W. Arrowood. I used Dr. Boehmer for my 2nd pregnancy, with Dr. Fisher delivering. I didnt have a high risk pregnancy, but know they do work with routine and high risk pregnancies. Good Luck finding the right Dr!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,811 times
Thanks everyone! This is a great start.

Zwally - She does deal with high risk pregnancies. I asked if anyone could share their experiences they've had with her because a friend sent me a link to a really negative review about Dr. Morris that has me a little nervous. Also, I had some tests run a couple of weeks ago and the lab mentioned Dr. Morris would call me to discuss the results in a day or two and I still have not heard from her. That has happened a couple of times with her/her office. That makes me feel like maybe the practice has become too large to manage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or