Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times

Advertisements

I know we are familiar with white pages but there is a map of your location.
I think intention of this site is to arrange block parties but you may use it for other benefits too. I wouldnt put it pass solicitors using this information to target a certain area.
Or you could use it to contact a annoying neighbor. Or do what I did contact someone to help you out. I knew someone who fixes lawnmowers but I didnt know there number so I choose there house on map and obtain his number that way.

Go to this website: http://neighbors.whitepages.com/

Enter your address and up comes a map of your area and a list of all
neighbors and their phone numbers !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 11:07 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,976,083 times
Very nice! Thank you. Now I have the number of the lady that lives behind me. Now when her dog is out barking for a long time I can call her directly to complain.
Much easier than me jumping our fence and knocking on her door.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,491,257 times
That *&!#$$$#@@ site made IE crash! Worked in Chrome. Kind of neat, probably the easiest tool I have seen to look up numbers of your neighbors.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,350,377 times
Wow! Mrs. Kravitz would have loved that info!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
I still cant figure out what the numbers in the orange pentagon squares mean?

I think this is also a good tool for those who are wanting to relocate and wonder of a interstate or railroad, or waste water plant is to close.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 PM

38 posts, read 177,905 times
The numbers in the orange pentagons on the map correspond to the same numbers beside your neighbors' names and addresses on the left.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM

821 posts, read 1,841,415 times
I put my address in and the site only comes up with the address and says no information available for this address. This is good from my perspective. A few years ago, I went on switchboard.com and removed my name from the lookup feature. I think that carried over to the White Pages.

This site you reference does not appear to give a person an option to take their name and phone number out of the information that pops up. There's lots of ways this info can be used that would not be in the best interest of the homeowner OR person who lives at the location. I did note there are a few reporting errors, as one might expect. Overall, the information is right on target with names, addresses, and phone numbers.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:05 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,098,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulosfm View Post
I put my address in and the site only comes up with the address and says no information available for this address. This is good from my perspective. A few years ago, I went on switchboard.com and removed my name from the lookup feature. I think that carried over to the White Pages.

This site you reference does not appear to give a person an option to take their name and phone number out of the information that pops up. There's lots of ways this info can be used that would not be in the best interest of the homeowner OR person who lives at the location. I did note there are a few reporting errors, as one might expect. Overall, the information is right on target with names, addresses, and phone numbers.
I see it as a combination of a property search and white pages. This makes it easier for better or worse. I doubt that site can get info that isn't available though a 2 minute search by anyone.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:51 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,100,472 times
There is another one but I only have it for Union County...
Others here might know the proper link for other counties, if you do please post.

Union County Community Mapper

What's nice about this one is that besides owners name, it gives the sales value & history of each lot/house, taxes, etc.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,508,478 times
interesting, though for our neighborhood the info is about a year out of date for houses built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte