U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM

47 posts, read 201,273 times

Advertisements

Charlotte appears to have plenty of indoor ranges but I can't find anything that is outdoor. Someone told me Uwharrie National Forest had a great range but I think it's closed (I can't find a definite answer). I don't want to join Charlotte Rifle-Pistol Club because that's just way too much money.

Is there anything available? I live in Uptown and don't want to drive more than an hour unless I absolutely have to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM

564 posts, read 1,252,278 times
Charlotte Riffle and Pistol Club is less then 30 minutes from uptown. It is nice and everyone is always friendly out there. Have fun.

CHARLOTTE RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB

Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
Charlotte Riffle and Pistol Club is less then 30 minutes from uptown. It is nice and everyone is always friendly out there. Have fun.

CHARLOTTE RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB
Thanks, but no offense, I already mentioned CRPC. They charge like $300 in membership fees and the application is a giant headache to process. More than I'm willing to do for some quick shooting.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:53 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,582,216 times
You can visit Rankin Lake Park in Gastonia on Saturday mornings. They open the rifle range to the public for a few hours at that time. You can also shoot skeet here.

City of Gastonia - City Departments - Parks and Recreation Department - Athletics (http://www.cityofgastonia.com/city_serv/parks/athletics/SkeetTrap.cfm - broken link)

You could also take a afternoon and drive to Leed's Rifle Range in Chester County, SC. It is a NRA range.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/srange/spublic?r_id=42

Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM

4,760 posts, read 6,410,324 times
Leed's is going to be your best bet. Just plan to wait just before, and at the start of, deer season. You get the guys out there who take one shot and sit for 30 minutes trying to get sighted in. During the week is the best time if you can make it. Just be careful to watch for fools. They are everywhere.

And it will take about an hour and some change to get there. Shoot em a PM if you want to go one day. I'll drive so you won't get all turned around. It's easy to do the first time.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You can visit Rankin Lake Park in Gastonia on Saturday mornings. They open the rifle range to the public for a few hours at that time. You can also shoot skeet here.

City of Gastonia - City Departments - Parks and Recreation Department - Athletics (http://www.cityofgastonia.com/city_serv/parks/athletics/SkeetTrap.cfm - broken link)

You could also take a afternoon and drive to Leed's Rifle Range in Chester County, SC. It is a NRA range.

Exactly what I was looking for! Chester, SC is a little far to drive but I will certainly check out the range in Gastonia.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,582,216 times
Have fun!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:05 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,278,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post

I read about that range too, when I was looking for a place to shoot skeet. The city owns it, and it's cheap. I haven't been yet but I want to go.

OP-have you considered CRPC?

Just checking.

hee hee

Old 02-28-2012, 12:01 AM

1,013 posts, read 2,648,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartisdm View Post
Thanks, but no offense, I already mentioned CRPC. They charge like $300 in membership fees and the application is a giant headache to process. More than I'm willing to do for some quick shooting.

Last time I checked it was actually $500.00 for the first year. That's insane. I've been there and yes it is very nice, but IMO not $500.00 nice.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 AM

564 posts, read 1,252,278 times
Sorry I did not keep reading. My Brother was a member there for years and did not know that it was that expensive. I would go with him on occasion and it alot of fun. I would have to think hard about 300 but 500 is crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte