U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM

78 posts, read 109,100 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience living in these apts? My gf and I are very interested in these because of location and the fact that it's a green community. We also love the fact that it's a 100% smoke free community. If not living, has anyone had experience visiting? Maybe had a friend that lived here? Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 01:23 PM

Anyone?????

Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM

80 posts, read 89,517 times
i visited someone in those apts... they're ok.

i personally, as a visitor, found the gated community to be more for show and pretension than to keep unwanted parties out. i just sat and waited at the gate until a resident showed up and in i went.

the design of the apt i visited was not bad. 2br/2ba separated by the hallway (nice if you have kiddos) but the living room and dining nook were a bit small. balcony was nice though.

it's nice being so close to the mall b/c you can just walk over, but at the same time, getting in/out of the complex can be a bear.
if you have to take 85 to/from work at rush hours, good luck. you might as well get used to leaving 2hrs before you think you need to.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 PM

That's good info about the traffic. That didn't even come to mind. Luckily though, if we do decide to move into these apts than my gf can just walk to work as she will be a manager at a jewelry store in the mall. But for me, well I would have to hit 85 to the airport.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 AM

972 posts, read 2,137,213 times
You will quickly learn the backways and prime traveling time. When its not rush hour and its not raining, we rarely have any issue with traffic in that area, even with all the road construction.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:51 PM

3,411 posts, read 3,198,542 times
I almost rented an apartment there and they were nice. I ended up in something bigger and on the other side of town for a little bit more money.

I do a family of 5 lived in one for about 6 months while their house was being built in a neighborhood near there. They had nothing bad to say about it.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:40 PM

12,404 posts, read 7,454,846 times
I lived their a few years ago. The office staff was always very nice and helpful, and the location was fine. I liked the layout, and I absolutely loved our back porch there, it was huge! I will agree with the other poster who said the gate is really just for show. I lost my key card (didn't want to pay the replacement fee), but never had any problem getting through the gates. Actually, at least one of the five gates seemed to be broken at any given time. Our apartment overlooked the overflow lot for the mall, and we had some problems with people being obnoxious and shooting off things over there. Not at all Bexley's fault (and really it should have been taken care of my Concord Mills), but when we voiced our safety concerns they immediately offered to move us to a new apartment. I had just recently changed jobs at the time, so we had asked if it would be possible to switch to a new Bexley community instead even tough it was mid lease, and they were very great about making that happen. We didn't have to pay any extra fees, just had to sign a new lease for the new community.

Really the only complaint about the place was the location on the 2 race weekends in May. Traffic was horrible, and they had a lot of the streets blocked off. So be prepared to either leave extra early on those weekends or to just stay at home. We would usually stay home and walk over to the movies for entertainment.

Are they smoke free now? I lived there about 3 years ago and it wasn't then. I looked around their website and couldn't find anything on there saying whether or not they were. Was also curious about what makes them "Green" now. I think towards the end of our stay their they were starting to switch over to paperless billing, but other then that I don't know...

Old 03-03-2012, 03:43 PM

12,404 posts, read 7,454,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy5oul View Post
but at the same time, getting in/out of the complex can be a bear. if you have to take 85 to/from work at rush hours, good luck. you might as well get used to leaving 2hrs before you think you need to.
Unless traffic has gotten 10000x worse since I lived there, we never had problems with traffic on normal days. I don't know where you were going that took 2hrs in traffic, but I had gone to the airport a few times during rush hour, and got their in under 30 minutes. In 2hrs I think I could have been almost to Ashville. Even getting downtown to CPCC only took me 25 minutes at most at 8-8:30am.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Well were moved in here. Absolutely love it so far. $6 movie tickets to the AMC Theater? Pretty awesome lol

Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John9181 View Post
Well were moved in here. Absolutely love it so far. $6 movie tickets to the AMC Theater? Pretty awesome lol
Woo hoo! Glad the move went smoothly Now you can start exploring your new home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or