U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 AM

2,833 posts, read 4,140,678 times

Advertisements

I am not surprised that David Rudolf said Gay did not push Kingston.

Isn't Rudolf the same guy that insisted that Rae Carruth and Michael Peterson were innocent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 07:15 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,046,730 times
In Gay's attorney's account, he cites that Kingston approached Gay's girlfriend several times and alludes to this being caught on tape. Then he goes on to describe how Kingston approached Gay's girlfriend and put his hands on her. Interestingly, I noted that no mention is made as to whether or not this alleged action was caught on tape.

In addition, Gay's attorney alleges that Kingston was drunk, but if I remember correctly, it was stated right after the accident that Kingston only had one beer on his tab. I would assume a medical examiner did a tox report on Kington's alcohol level post-mortem?

I had speculated that Kingston could have stumbled and fell into on-coming traffic, as I can surely see that happening. Too bad the scuffle in the parking lot isn't on tape. Kingston is not here to describe what happened and it appears there are conflicting eye witness reports.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post

Isn't Rudolf the same guy that insisted that Rae Carruth and Michael Peterson were innocent?
You have a good memory.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,292,840 times
Quote:

Now I know the guy is guilty.

On another note, Carruth and his cronies should be rotting somewhere for what they did.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Now I know the guy is guilty.

On another note, Carruth and his cronies should be rotting somewhere for what they did.
Not to take the thread completely off track, but that was one of the most vile crimes EVER . . . and Carruth will get out probably in 2018, if not earlier.

I don't know what to think about Gay's situation.

I can't help but think how difficult it will be for the folks who will be sitting in that jury box.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Not to take the thread completely off track, but that was one of the most vile crimes EVER . . . and Carruth will get out probably in 2018, if not earlier.

I don't know what to think about Gay's situation.

I can't help but think how difficult it will be for the folks who will be sitting in that jury box.
It is hard for me to believe that Carruth has been in prison for over 10 years and he will likely be released soon. I cannot imagine how Cherica Adams mother will feel about his release. She lost her daughter and has been raising her (and Carruths) disabled son. I suppose he would be 12 years old now. I remember seeing a story about them and the boy looked so much like Carruth.

I agree that being the jury on the Gay trial will be difficult. It is so sad that the split second decision that was made by this young man has destroyed two families. We can only hope that the jury will evaluate the true facts of the case and render a just decision.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,945,062 times
The grandfather of the party accused is Paul Gay. He is a member of the NC Sports Hall of Fame and there is a NC football stadium, Paul B Gay Stadium, named for him. Most likely this is a well known family in Eastern NC.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
It is hard for me to believe that Carruth has been in prison for over 10 years and he will likely be released soon. I cannot imagine how Cherica Adams mother will feel about his release. She lost her daughter and has been raising her (and Carruths) disabled son. I suppose he would be 12 years old now. I remember seeing a story about them and the boy looked so much like Carruth.

I agree that being the jury on the Gay trial will be difficult. It is so sad that the split second decision that was made by this young man has destroyed two families. We can only hope that the jury will evaluate the true facts of the case and render a just decision.
Yes, the families suffer and I keep thinking about Kensington's parents as well as his fiancee. Just like Cherica Adams, they are left to pick up the pieces. A life taken, and lives forever changed.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yes, the families suffer and I keep thinking about Kensington's parents as well as his fiancee. Just like Cherica Adams, they are left to pick up the pieces. A life taken, and lives forever changed.
In todays world with the internet, etc. it must be even worse to be the family of someone such as Gay and Kensington. I wonder if the parents of these young men read the comments that can be found everywhere on the internet?

I have said it before but I was a staunch accuser of the Duke lacrosse boys when the story broke. I believed what I read in the paper and believed the DA and I was WRONG. I cannot imagine how the boys and their families got thru those years of what must have been hell - they were vilified by many in the public. The only consolation that I feel towards the situation is that Nifong was disbarred and those boys likely have been paid many, many millions as compensation by Duke University.

I am not surprised that Rudolph is defending his client - that is his job. I do feel sorry for the families of both of these young men. I am sure neither family could imagine the life they now face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte