U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 AM

319 posts, read 1,162,334 times

Advertisements

hi,

we are looking to relocate to charlotte and my husband works in IT. do you know any recruiters, with contact names if possible? he worked for bank of america for a long time and would love to go there again - do you know which agency hires for them? or any contacts there?

the long distance job search is always challenging, hope you can help me out! thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 AM

2,155 posts, read 3,374,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_cate View Post
hi,

we are looking to relocate to charlotte and my husband works in IT. do you know any recruiters, with contact names if possible? he worked for bank of america for a long time and would love to go there again - do you know which agency hires for them? or any contacts there?

the long distance job search is always challenging, hope you can help me out! thanks!
I have to ask...why Charlotte?

Charlotte has tons of former bank IT people waiting for the job market to open up. Does he have a specific skill set that's hard to find? Can he speak with his former co-workers at BofA?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,392,863 times
Quote:
hi,

Banks in Charlotte have taken big hits since the recession.

Bank of America and Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) in particular have laid MANY folks off.

And most hiring now is for contract jobs only lasting between 6 and 18 months with no benefits.

Basically, IT jobs are hard to come by in Charlotte.

Two companies I do suggest you check with directly would be Belk and Family Dollar - you might luck up as these two companies are healthy and growing.

As far as recruiters, try Robert Half Employment Agencies for IT Staffing - Robert Half Technology and sites like Monster and Indeed.

I wish you luck in your search!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,567,553 times
IT Recruiters:

TEK Systems (used by BofA) - Maria Meeuwsen
Sapphire Technologies (used by BofA)
Stroker Jones & Associates - Robert Jones
Sherpa LLC (used by Wachovia/Wells Fargo)
PeopleSource of the Carolinas - Jeff Meulmann

Go to their websites and look for the opportunities that best fit your needs and send your resume.

Good luck!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 AM
amp

519 posts, read 1,338,536 times
Try Mindseeker, they have an office in Charlotte.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 AM

812 posts, read 1,649,020 times
Is your husband on Linked In? He can connect with past co-workers and load his info and recruiters can find him! My husband gets contacted randomly each month by recruiters from his Linked In profile. I see lots of IT jobs in CLT on Indeed but it really depends on his specialty.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,570,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Banks in Charlotte have taken big hits since the recession.

Bank of America and Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) in particular have laid MANY folks off.

You are correct, but since all that has been going on people have left in droves. There may be open positions that must be filled to keep business operating. I was contacted through Linked In directly by the VP of recruiting at BOA just last week for an IT Audit position.

My advice to the OP is to go to indeed.com and create job alerts for each state they might want to relocate to. The site searches all the major job boards and compiles them in one place.
I created one for 10 states around the east/midwest and received daily alerts. Ended up choosing Charlotte out of 4 solid job offers.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 AM

5,150 posts, read 6,645,512 times
Quote:
hi,

I do some business with a company called Pelican Technologies. Their website is Pelican Technology Partners

I think it's a good idea to get your resume into as many hands as possible.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM

747 posts, read 1,546,871 times
Quote:
hi,

Just tell him to put his resume on Monster, Careerbuilder, etc. with Charlotte in the contact info. I'm not kidding, I just put mine up last week and my phone doesn't stop ringing. There are so many recruiters calling me I had to stop answering the phone.

Apple is hiring all levels at their data center in Maiden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte