Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,759 times

Advertisements

Thanks to everyone for all of your input. Does anyone recommend Ballantyne? We heard nice things about that area. Thanks again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 05:55 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
Yes, it's great but the commute to uptown is hellish. If you live there, take the bus to work.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:02 PM

316 posts, read 394,779 times
Default Huntersville

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
*SIGH*

Because:

I live in Huntersville and recommend it when it is appropriate to do so.
My husband works downtown it take him 35 minutes to get home to exit 23 or 18 and then back roads - Not a bad commute when you are use to CT.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:50 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
I used to live in Guilford, New Haven and Stamford. Knowing those towns, I would say avoid Ballantyne and move into one of the lovely established neighborhoods near uptown, namely Elizabeth, Dilworth, Myers Park or Eastover. For under a million dollars you can get a great house in one of those areas. The schools are good and from some of these neighborhoods one can even walk to restaurants, a cinema and shops. Finally, there are a number of people who bike to work from these areas.

I also like the neighborhood spirit that one finds in some of these areas. People volunteer in the schools and have neighborhood get-togethers.

I hope that you find a good home for your family.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 998 times
we currently live in Guilford also -- we're planning a quick trip down to look at huntersville, cornelius, Denver and Davidson

Old 11-04-2007, 02:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Uptown is expensive....If traffic is not an issue Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville areas are nice areas. Denver is a cheaper area that is normal small town living area.

If your looking for a home in uptown...be prepared to pay for it. Some of the small studio apartments in downtown are in the $250+ range. To rent you'll be looking at $1000/month for new properties 1 bedroom (min.) and $950+ or so for some older properties with one bedroom.

There are some really nice parts of uptown but you have to pay for it. I'm in the fourth ward area and there are buildings going up like there is no tomorrow.

The Banks are laying people off right now in the investment banking sector.

I am also from Guilford county. I lived in the Friendly Ave. area and Forest Oaks area growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte