U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 685 times
Default Move to Charlotte, job in Davidson, young family, advice?

Hello! My husband has a job prospect in Davidson, so we would like your opinion on cities/town around the area that would be great for:
- our young family including 2 and 4 yr old, and a dog (must have a yard)
- enjoy outdoor activities, particulary leaving our front door for a nice bike ride or run
- fabulous schools
- other young families in the same neighborhood.
-price rance for home...no more than $400,000
Seems that there are some great areas in South Charlotte, but that would be quite a drive. So, how about north of Charlotte? Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 02:24 PM

43,277 posts, read 51,756,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammajamie View Post
Hello! My husband has a job prospect in Davidson, so we would like your opinion on cities/town around the area that would be great for:
- enjoy outdoor activities, particulary leaving our front door for a nice bike ride or run
- fabulous schools
Seems that there are some great areas in South Charlotte, but that would be quite a drive. So, how about north of Charlotte? Thanks for the advice!
Davidson is a very desirable place to live, so live there!

In your price range you will have great options. I will send you a few links to show you what the possibilities are.

But really, you should get a realtor looking for you right away

Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 PM

3,756 posts, read 5,505,546 times
Check out River Run in Davidson!!!

Best of luck to you!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:16 PM

273 posts, read 294,453 times
I recommend Davidson as well...the surrounding towns are nice as well such as Cornelius and Mooresville.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:32 PM

4,113 posts, read 2,167,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammajamie View Post
- fabulous schools
Wow quite the mortgage for a one income family!

Davidson is a great town with good schools. You should stay near there. With a short commute to Davidson you can pickup a semi rural type home with some land for that price range (something very nice as well).

I wouldn't recommend commuting south on 77 to Davidson from areas like Troutman or Statesville.

Cornelius or Huntersville would be another option.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 PM

52 posts, read 43,231 times
I'm no expert, but I'll second the posts above. I think Davidson, Cornelius, or Mooresville would be great. It's a great place to live. I think you'll enjoy it. Try this site to keep up with the news and goings on. good luck!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM

165 posts, read 142,646 times
I highly recommend checking out McConnell in Davidson, it is a very charming, traditional neighborhood with loads of kids. The homes are adorable with nice yards, some seem to need updating inside. You can ride bikes to downtown Davidson or around the area, really lovely.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:56 PM

103 posts, read 80,658 times
If it was not such a commute, I would live in Davidson! Very charming there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte