U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:20 AM

462 posts, read 1,684,691 times

Advertisements

I live in Union and work in Mooresville. When my wife and I were looking to buy here I wanted to live in Mooresville but my wife preferred Union and honestly the fact that I could get more for my money in Union made it easy to side with her. Now living here I could not be happier with our decision. Don't get me wrong Mooresville is very nice but for what we were looking for, it's a bit overcrowded and over developed. I know going home every night I avoid 150 like the plague. Traffic moves at a snails pace. Coming in the morning and going home at night seeing the traffic going to and from Charlotte in the opposite lanes just looks torturous. Mooresville does seem to attract other Long Islanders but to be honest if you are coming to look to relocate definatley keep an open mind to other counties and choose what fits you best. Yes, I know my commute seems far but at the time when I moved I came without work and my wife was the one who landed a job prior to moving. Fortunatly she works less than 3 miles from the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 10,800 times
I to am thinking of moving to Mooresville. I really want to be in an area of the town where my children can go to Lake Norman Elementary School or Woodland Heights Elementary School. Does anyone know the zone and if there are places for Mobile Homes or is it all houses. Street names will help. you can email me if you need too.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:14 AM

210 posts, read 674,799 times
I prefer areas of Union County to Mooresville. Mooresville, like they say, has tons and tons of traffic, it is really congested.

Last edited by RadiatorSprings; 10-08-2007 at 12:16 PM..

Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

872 posts, read 3,268,471 times
Traffic east of I-77 really isn't as bad as it is west of 77. Generalization of course but holds true for the most part. Major areas of concern is 150 and Brawley School Rd.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:11 PM

74 posts, read 76,702 times
Default Commute to Charlotte

Someone said 45 minutes...that is a GOOD day...and not to many of those...let it rain...and that commute will be over 1 hr...let there be a wreck on I-77 (very often)...1hr 30min...let is sleet/snow (thank God that is not often)...2-3 hours.

VERY VERY nice town...but wouldn't live there for a FREE home (if I worked in Charlotte). I grew up with a sumnmer home on Lake Norman and watched Mooresville boom...EXCELENT schools....but don't commute to Charlotte...you will regret it.

Huntersville is as far out as you would want to live and still have a decent commute to Charlotte...and there are several back roads to Huntersville...and only -1- backroad to Mooresville (115).

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 10,943 times
Mooresville, Harrisburg, Most parts of Catawba County, and Fort Mill South Carolina are my recommendations for good living in the Charlotte area.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 AM

3 posts, read 10,943 times
Traffic from Mooresville to Charlotte really depends on the time you need to get there. During peak times it normally takes about an hour. Seems everyone tries at the same time to get there. But there is a window is you go early and leave early that it can be done in 35 minutes.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 10,800 times
Thanks for all the replies, they are all great. I think I might have needed to say I will not be driving to Charlotte. We will be inside Mooresville. Keep the remarks coming. Thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 09:45 PM

70 posts, read 338,895 times
Default Merry in Mooresville

Ok, I've finally transplanted myself here in Mooresville......all the way from Portland, Oregon. Despite having visited Mooresville several times before deciding to make the move, it is much more developed than I had imagined....which is great for me. There are still many areas and nooks where you can feel like you're far away from everything but having the conveniences closeby is very nice. But...let me get back to the "crowding" and "traffic" issues afoot.

Brawley School Rd. Yes. It sucks...now....what 1 way in- 1 way out road wouldn't? Especially, since you have to make a LEFT turn to get to the elementary school, which holds everyone up. BUT, plans have been in the works for the last 5+years to widen the road. The govt had to purchase the property, etc.......and it is finally approved and scheduled with construction to start Sep 2008. It will be one year of H e double hockey sticks. But, they are also adding 2 new exits off I-77 to alleviate the build up at Exit 36. I don't know about you, but those are the MAIN problems with traffic. Once those are done, it will be amazingly better. Anytime you have an extra lane, you can at least get around people if there is an accident.....so it will be a massive improvement despite future projections of even more growth.

Also, keep in mind that it is primarily locals complaining about the traffic.....they were used to the way it was......and seem to forget that growth is happening everywhere in the U.S......so, what is busy, crowded, and over-developed to them......may just be totally different to someone else.

G

Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 PM

35 posts, read 104,808 times
Smile websites for moms

Could you tell me what the websites for moms are?
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or